CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Alan Smithee
Impact
Forgiveness Man
Cheaps
CeCe
Chris
10 posters

Televangelists/Religious programming

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Televangelists/Religious programming Empty Televangelists/Religious programming

Post by Chris Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:57 pm

What's your opinion of religious television programming? Pat Robertson, Kenneth Copeland, the 700 Club, Believers Voice Victory, etc., etc. Do you think that these programs are sincere, televised depictions of faith; or do they make a mockery of religion?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Televangelists/Religious programming Empty Re: Televangelists/Religious programming

Post by CeCe Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:09 pm

Total frauds.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Televangelists/Religious programming Empty Re: Televangelists/Religious programming

Post by Cheaps Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:39 pm

I have no idea, I've never seen any of those shows.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:05 pm

They are just that, shows. lol Some all-religious networks offer some decent programs but most teleevangelists don't ring true.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:28 pm

I tend to believe that they are phony show boaters, and that what they're doing is a waste of airtime. I was flipping channels the other night and came across Kenneth Copeland making a clown of himself with his revival like chanting. I laughed and kept on surfing.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:30 pm

They all seem to make a very good living off of other people's faith.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 pm

CeCe wrote:Total frauds.
    co-signs
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:40 pm

I like that Joyce Meyer, at least I think that's her name, she's fun to watch, she's funny, but I don't watch religiously (no pun intended), I haven't seen her in a long time either.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:50 am

I think they're rich.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:00 am

Nystyle709 wrote:I think they're rich.

I always think of Mark 10:25 when ever I see them.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:34 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

I always think of Mark 10:25 when ever I see them.
    Just had to make some of us heathens go crack a bible didn't you. blank stare @ you

Anyhow, it is an interesting quote seeing as how it is not known exactly what was being said. The imagery is strange, seeing a camel going thru the eye of a needle.

Two possibilities for that parable.

1. A gate to Jerusalem was very narrow and called "The Needle" Caravans had to unpack their camels for them to fit thru.

2. The Greek or Aramaic word for "rope" is very similar to the word "camel." In the retelling of this story over and over for centuries a rope going thru the eye of a needle became a camel.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:53 am

The first thing I thought was the scene from Footloose where Ariel and her preacher father were talking and he said that people need to be entertained in church to keep their attention.

I understand that, and if they need to be entertaining and loud to keep ratings up to promote faith and the message that is great--- i believe in diversity of views. What I disagree with is an old man eating cat food because his $500 social security check came in and he still believes in tithing, so he sent in $50 to the church, PLUS another $50 cause the TV said so!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:10 pm

wants2laugh wrote:The first thing I thought was the scene from Footloose where Ariel and her preacher father were talking and he said that people need to be entertained in church to keep their attention.

I understand that, and if they need to be entertaining and loud to keep ratings up to promote faith and the message that is great--- i believe in diversity of views. What I disagree with is an old man eating cat food because his $500 social security check came in and he still believes in tithing, so he sent in $50 to the church, PLUS another $50 cause the TV said so!

One time on tv Benny Hinn actually told people who are christians that it's good for them to tithe now but that they still "owe god" from all the way back in their life & they need to pay that "debt" they still owe.

So...make checks payable to Benny Hinn Ministries lol. And I bet people ran for their checkbooks & sent it to that assclown. It's sad really, the way people fall for these multimillionaire crooks & their schemes. And I hope karma squishes them flat for instilling the fear of eternal damnation & fire to get rich.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:18 am