What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves? Empty
PostSubject: What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves?   What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:53 am

Honestly, I think a lot of people get their pilot license only because they are really rich and can and have the want and means to do it, and they are motivated by how it makes them seem more worldly and sophisticated. But there are people who genuinely love aviation, and are motivated by the love of it to maintain a plane and use it.

I have two friends who have their own planes and both are small planes. I think both are five seaters. One of them is snootier about it than the other, but both are really great guys and while I haven't gone up with either of them, I would trust either of them completely. In fact, my son is staying with one of them this week and is flying with him in the morning. My son has flown with him before, and yes, it makes me nervous as hell, but it went fine all the other times, and I know it will again. If I didn't trust the friend completely, I would be nuts about it. I really don't look at it much differently than when I fly with my son on an Embraer to Chicago.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves?   What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:21 am

Not my thing. I love to fly, but I have no desire to be the pilot; nor would I want to board someone's small, private plane while they themselves flew it, after having limited experience doing it. If you're rich enough to afford a plane, then you should be rich enough to hire someone with years of professional pilot experience to fly it for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves?   What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:27 am

Red, I'm sure your son will be fine. I would be nervous too but that's normal. To me, people having their own plane and a pilot's license to fly it is no different than someone having a boat and knowing how to sail it. Neither is my cup of tea but if you've got the means and love to fly or sail... Shrugs (Oh well…)
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves?   What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:09 am

I think they get a pilot's license because they want a pilot's license. I know I ain't getting on nobody's private plane. Commercial flights all the way baby!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves?   What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion on people who have a small private plane they have license to fly themselves?
Page 1 of 1