Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?

Go down 
+4
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Nystyle709
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? Empty
PostSubject: Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?   Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:21 am

Do you think schools should be rewarding students because their attendance is good, or does this create a lower expectation?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?   Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:31 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?   Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 12:04 pm

Why reward somebody for doing what they're supposed to be doing of their own volition in the first place?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?   Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Hell no.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?   Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:35 pm

No but they used to give out awards for perfect attendance when I was in school on honors night. (I never won).
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?   Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 1:26 am

I do think good attendance should be rewarded in some way, no matter how small. I avoided school as much as I could but stopped when my elementary school mistakenly had my name down for good attendance and my teacher laughed at it. That was elementary and I only missed two days after that day through graduation. And both missed days were forced on me, or I would not have missed one day after that snicker from the teacher.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?   Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:09 am

I think it should be rewarded it would give them inspiration to attend school more often.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?   Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:20 am

In a better world, no...but let's face it...people (especially kids) aren't always inclined to do what they're SUPPOSED to do. So when you run into people who do, it should be acknowledged.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?   Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:23 am

Kral wrote:
In a better world, no...but let's face it...people (especially kids) aren't always inclined to do what they're SUPPOSED to do. So when you run into people who do, it should be acknowledged.

Why? We don't reward them for eating their vegetables or for not setting the couch on fire.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?   Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:23 am

RobbieFTW wrote:
No but they used to give out awards for perfect attendance when I was in school on honors night. (I never won).

Well, I'm not against this at all. I think a perfect attendance plaque or award is pretty cool. I thought the OP meant that they should be rewarded with monetary or material rewards. That shouldn't be allowed.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?   Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:42 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

Well, I'm not against this at all. I think a perfect attendance plaque or award is pretty cool. I thought the OP meant that they should be rewarded with monetary or material rewards. That shouldn't be allowed.

That's what I thought Chris meant too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?   Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should students be rewarded with gifts for good attendance?
Page 1 of 1