Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?

Go down 
+5
wants2laugh
Hyacinth Girl
Bluesmama
CeCe
RedBedroom
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? Empty
PostSubject: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:26 pm

There's only a couple around here, but the city is trying to require gas stations to convert to pre-pay due to what law enforcement is spending investigating drive offs.

Who the heck does a drive off at a gas station anymore? Video cameras are everywhere, you would have to be a fool to do that.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:32 pm

ALL of them. You either gotta pay in advance or pay at the pump with a card. People here were driving off all the time.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Nope. Oregon is only one of two states where we DON'T pump our own gas. And I like it that way.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Here in Mass., if it's a pump-your-own place, then you have to pre-pay. If it's a full serve station, they ask you if you're paying by cash or credit card--the credit card they swipe before pumping, but cash they collect right after.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:24 pm

here in NJ its full service only... in pa on the turnpk they have both... they are the same as hyacinth said
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:47 pm

Its mixed here there are those you pay at the pump and there are still the guys that pump it for you.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Are you supposed to tip the guys who pump it for you? In our whole city, there is only one place that pumps for you, and I never know the protocol, so I never go there. Sure would be nice in the winter.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:50 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
Are you supposed to tip the guys who pump it for you? In our whole city, there is only one place that pumps for you, and I never know the protocol, so I never go there. Sure would be nice in the winter.

Where I live those pumps cost extra so I consider that payment enough.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Bluesmama wrote:
Nope. Oregon is only one of two states where we DON'T pump our own gas. And I like it that way.
hi there! LOL. I live in the other one. Anytime I've been to PA they've been pay at the pump.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:06 pm

CeCe wrote:
RedBedroom wrote:

Where I live those pumps cost extra so I consider that payment enough.

I haven't been there in years, but they were always the same price, so I always wondered about the tipping.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:43 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
Are you supposed to tip the guys who pump it for you?

ROFLMAO! Oh, lordy that's cute. big hugz No Red. No need to tip the petroleum transfer engineer.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
RedBedroom wrote:
Are you supposed to tip the guys who pump it for you?

ROFLMAO! Oh, lordy that's cute. big hugz No Red. No need to tip the petroleum transfer engineer.

Hey, don't mock me for always wondering that!!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:56 pm

Oh no...I'm, ah laughing with you!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:02 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
There's only a couple around here, but the city is trying to require gas stations to convert to pre-pay due to what law enforcement is spending investigating drive offs.

Who the heck does a drive off at a gas station anymore? Video cameras are everywhere, you would have to be a fool to do that.

I used to work at gas station. That's easy as hell to do.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

I would need to be laughing if that were true.....

Friendship. Over.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
RedBedroom wrote:

Really? Don't they get screen shots of license plate numbers? I used to help my friend Cheryl do it all the time when we were 16. I don't even remember if there was a method to our madness, I just knew there was always four of us when she did it.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:05 pm

ALL of the gas stations in NY are pre-paid. Pre-pay means you're paying for the gas before it's pumped....no matter if it's a full service station or not.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
Nystyle709 wrote:

Really? Don't they get screen shots of license plate numbers? I used to help my friend Cheryl do it all the time when we were 16. I don't even remember if there was a method to our madness, I just knew there was always four of us when she did it.

Not really. And if they do have cameras....nine times out of ten, those cameras aren't advance enough to capture a license plate. They drive off really fast. We had to write down the plate number if we did happen to catch it and then the company would never go after them. Rarely they did, if they did at all. Pump the gas and drive off. That's easy and most people who did it didn't give a fuck if you saw them or not.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
RedBedroom wrote:

Not really. And if they do have cameras....nine times out of ten, those cameras aren't advance enough to capture a license plate. They drive off really fast. We had to write down the plate number if we did happen to catch it and then the company would never go after them. Rarely they did, if they did at all. Pump the gas and drive off. That's easy and most people who did it didn't give a fuck if you saw them or not.

Around here they call police for it, and it is a criminal charge if they find them. I had no idea that it was still so easy to do. Hmmmmm....
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:30 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
Alan Smithee wrote:

Friendship. Over.

Seriously? cries
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:20 am

Alan Smithee wrote:
RedBedroom wrote:

Friendship. Over.

Seriously? cries

Not at all, Doll...expect some leg pulling, leg puller.... bear hug
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:53 am

Oh man. Please don't do that! I was really worried you were serious. I think I would have resigned from the chamber with a broken heart of you were cries
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:04 am

Alan Smithee wrote:
Oh man. Please don't do that! I was really worried you were serious. I think I would have resigned from the chamber with a broken heart of you were cries

Oh, my word, hon...please don't ever think like that. You are such a dear, you would have to do a lot to tick me off...now I feel bad about my post...hugs to you. Please forgive my joking back.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:38 am

big hugz of course!
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 am

i had a friend in CT that i saw regularly and I once paid a fellow customer $5 to pump the gas for me! lol... then i did find a full service pump in CT too! so no more need for that when i would go there.

In my experience, full service pumps cost more than self service in those states that offer both. but NJ that is ONLY Full service, we have cheaper gas than the other self service states --- we have some pipeline and the refineries that cut the costs somehow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next