CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

What did you think of the Finale?

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

What did you think of the Finale? Empty What did you think of the Finale?

Post by Tony Marino Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:34 pm

The finale's always seem to end with Sookie screaming. I hope Tara is not gone for good but it looked like she blew her head open. So I guess next season its going to be Sookie and Alcide? Man that chick gets around dosen't she. Was sad that Jesus is gone, felt sorry for Lafayette but am happy the witch is dead. It was good to see Grandma again and her interaction with Sookie. Jason and Jessica crack me up! All in all it was kind of a disappointing finale and now we wait for a year again to see what happens with Tara.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What did you think of the Finale? Empty Re: What did you think of the Finale?

Post by Chris Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:41 pm

I kind of figured Jose was toast. Hated seeing Nan die (largely because Jessica Tuck used to be Megan, and she played OJ's wife Nicole Brown-Simpson in a TV movie, so I'm sensitive about seeing her demise.)

The question, though, is if Tara is going to die. Unfortunately we won't get any more new episodes for nearly a year.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:25 am

Chris wrote:I kind of figured Jose was toast. Hated seeing Nan die (largely because Jessica Tuck used to be Megan, and she played OJ's wife Nicole Brown-Simpson in a TV movie, so I'm sensitive about seeing her demise.)

The question, though, is if Tara is going to die. Unfortunately we won't get any more new episodes for nearly a year.

Yep thats what I thought too when Nan got killed goodbye Megan, I kind of liked her character on the show, sucks now she is gone.
    Moviesnob
    Moviesnob
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by Moviesnob Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 pm

The finale was the best episode of an extremely shitty season. I'm a True Blood fan, and I have read the books, the fourth being my favorite. Yes, this is basically due to the Eric/Sookie relationship, as well as Jason's storyline. I was very much looking forward to this season, and it completely fell flat.

Eric/Sookie was handled so ridiculously, even for True Blood. The fantasy scenes with E/S in previous seasons were hot and sexy, and this season I got fan-fiction ridiculousness. The V sex trip in the forest, the ridiculous dialogue ... ugh I get pissed just thinking about it. So many things were held out at the beginning of the season that were just left dangling (the year-long trip to fairy-land, Jason's breeding/possibly turning (which, since the show may not be making him a werepanther, I guess will just result in a bunch of gorgeous, stupid Hotshot babies in nine months)). I know that True Blood REALLY likes to set up future events way in advance, but come on.

There were some good things about the season, but they were too few and far between. Bill as king made him a character I actually like a bit, and I enjoy Pam's reaction to Eric's addiction to fairy-vagina. Plus, Tara took one in the head. Whether she gets saved or not, maybe it'll make her a more tolerable characters.

The finale was the best episode of the season - it stirred up some true emotion between Lafayette/Jesus, a couple I had yet to feel invested in (too bad it was at the end of their relationship). Tara was reduced to shooting out the one-liners, Tommy kicked the bucket (finally!) and Sam got some good justified raging in there.

I do like the setups we have going on for next season. I like Scott Foley, so I'll be into his storyline next season. I'm not an Andy fan, but if his storyline brings Terry more into the spotlight (who I DO like), I'm for it. I also like Rene's cryptic warning to Arlene.

I do wish the show had followed more of the book plotline (which, spoilers for the book beyond this point). When Eric's memory came back, he remembered all of his past except what had happened since he lost his memory. Sookie had the choice to tell Eric or not, and choose not to. When Eric did find out a book or so later, he was blown away by the fact that he actually loved her enough to sacrifice his current life for her, and it leads to an eventual real relationship for them. Sookie moved on from Bill, and is not as stuck to him as the show version is. It seems the show doesn't want to disappoint those Sookie/Bill shippers (as Alan Ball has claimed to be), and keeps them hanging on.

In the books, Jason did turn into a werepanther, and grew to love it. I'd like to see more growth in Jason beyond his sexual flings, but I guess the TV series doesn't want to make it anything beyond a fluff show.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:43 am

Definitely looking forward to the Scott Foley storyline. Loved seeing Rene again & Carrie Preston did a great job with that scene especially when she started singing Lettie Mae's song. I just hope it doesn't lead to the end of Terry because I really like that character.

Looks like Andy may have something interesting next season. Anything would be better than the V thing. Chris Bauer is a wonderful actor & deserves better than what he had this season.

Loved Pam's lines this season. She's just been saying out loud what a lot of the rest of us are thinking. I understand TB is based on the Sookie Stackhouse novels but good grief, enough already. I get being fae makes her more appealing but every man in Bon Temps being unable to stop sniffing her butt is getting ridiculous.

I was surprised they didn't bring Crystal back. Hotshot needs to be addressed one way or another. I'm guessing we will see a big pack of little cubs.

Rather than wrap things up the finale really just paved the way for the next season which I'm hoping will be a good one.

whitetrashbeautiful
    whitetrashbeautiful
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by whitetrashbeautiful Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:53 am

Was the best cliffhanger for sure so far. I am upset about Tara though(my favorite after Lafayette)I seen in a interview that she will be back for season 5, but don't know what form she will be in, somehow human? vampire, ghost, maybe just memory/fantasy scenes etc?? I think it would be interesting if she was made into a vampire seeing that that is the one thing she despises the most, I think there could be some good writing there IF they take it in a good direction. How conflicting would that be for her? especially with her relationship with her overly religious mother somewhat improved, Im sure Lettie May would disown her for sure when she sees what Tara has(I am only speculating)become. Also if this did somehow happen, who would be her maker?

They killed Tommy off?? WTF?? I liked that little creep.

I wonder if Crystal will return next season pregnant with Jason's baby..cub or whatever you could call it.

Now why did they go and kill of Claudine? Where will she be in future seasons when she would be having more of a impact on future storylines..personally I much preferred Claudine from the books.

Speaking of the books. Anyone hear if there will be a casting for Quinn? I never particularly cared for his character but I don't think he should be edited out like so many other characters seem to be.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:34 pm

I was upset they killed Tara too, I mean her head literally exploded! I hope that she is coming back she is one of my favorites on the show. They should have kept Tommy as well another senseless killing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:00 pm