Are you what your parents wanted you to be? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you what your parents wanted you to be?

Go down 
+3
Supernova
Nystyle709
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Are you what your parents wanted you to be? Empty
PostSubject: Are you what your parents wanted you to be?   Are you what your parents wanted you to be? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:50 am

Did your parents have any expectations about what they wanted you to do/be in your adulthood? If so, did you fall in line, or go rogue?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are you what your parents wanted you to be?   Are you what your parents wanted you to be? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:20 am

The only thing my parents wanted me to do was go to college and get my degree. I haven't gotten it yet, so I guess I'm rogue for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Are you what your parents wanted you to be?   Are you what your parents wanted you to be? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:00 am

Yeah, about the only expectation my mother had was for me to go to college, and get my degree, so I don't wind up as some factory worker...so far so good, though it's funny because from the time I was 9 I swore up and down I was never going to college, and given it hasn't gotten me or her any closer to getting a job, I can't say that it was worth the 5 years spent getting it.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Are you what your parents wanted you to be?   Are you what your parents wanted you to be? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:16 am

Let's see. It started out OK. Graduated high school, went into the Air Force, got out and worked as a cop, then took computer school (1969).

Then I started hanging out with long-haired hippies, sleeping with everyone, smoking dope, dropping acid, hooking up with a guy, then a black woman.

Nah, not what mom expected.

(Dad was a good-ol-boy from Mississippi who had his own unsavory history so he was more accepting of me sowing wild oats)
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are you what your parents wanted you to be?   Are you what your parents wanted you to be? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:41 am

I know I turned out fine as far as my father is concerned.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Are you what your parents wanted you to be?   Are you what your parents wanted you to be? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:59 pm

Nope. In fact, my mother was so disappointed in me that she severed ties when I was 37. I made some mistakes but lived straight and took care of my own problems (didn't even try to run to Mommy for everything like so many adult children do nowadays).

But I never married any guy SHE chose, I was the first and only divorcee in the family, and ~ worst ~ I moved away from home. She had mental issues.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Are you what your parents wanted you to be?   Are you what your parents wanted you to be? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Yes and no. My parents were big on me going to college, which I did. So they're happy there. They're glad that I'm working. They're glad that I gave them a grandchild. However I think they wish that I was married and that I was pursuing what I went to school for, which I'm currently not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you what your parents wanted you to be?   Are you what your parents wanted you to be? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you what your parents wanted you to be?
Page 1 of 1