CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
7 posters

Do you have any totally materialistic friends?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you have any totally materialistic friends? Empty Do you have any totally materialistic friends?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:32 am

I have several. One takes the cake, always. And that is because he is not only wealthy, but also very eccentric.

Our friend has run out of ways to expand on his home to impress guests. He has added a pool room and a pool room...billiards and indoor swimming. And a movie room and a tennis court INDOOR!

He has literally added a coffee bar outside his bedroom. Not all guests are privy to it, but it is not totally private because he lets some in to partake in morning coffee. So people walk through his bedroom to get to the coffee bar, or if it is evening, just the "bar." The odd placement is just because he can't move away from where he is due to the expansive equipment storage there and so he just added where he could.

I don't care how rich I get, nobody is having coffee, shots or what have you by traveling through my bedroom. He literally added it for him and his wife, yet he still entertains in it. That is just so strange.

This guy turned 40 in 2005 and that was the same year I taught him what a garage sale was. He is just such an ass hat. And my guy wonders why I refuse to attend parties at his home.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Do you have any totally materialistic friends? Empty Re: Do you have any totally materialistic friends?

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:07 am

To answer your question, Red, yes I know at least one person who is overly concerned with living in the material world but they can't hold a candle to the person you described. It's his money and if that's what makes him happy Shrugs (Oh well…) . I agree though. I don't care how big the lottery jackpot is. There'll be no coffee bar in my bedroom. That is not on our list of features in our dream house.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Do you have any totally materialistic friends? Empty Re: Do you have any totally materialistic friends?

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:21 am

Yeah, I know people who are somewhat like that.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:22 am

I know a couple but we are not the best of friends.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:26 am

Yeah & it's annoying as hell.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:35 pm

I can't think of any who are overly materialstic. Sounds like that guy is trying to buy friends, Red. Sad way to live.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:20 pm

I have a friend who likes to buy, buy, buy, and hoard, hoard, hoard. She even sought counseling for it awhile back. She isn't exactly "cured" but better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:42 am