Do you have any totally materialistic friends? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you have any totally materialistic friends?

Go down 
+3
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Do you have any totally materialistic friends? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have any totally materialistic friends?   Do you have any totally materialistic friends? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:32 am

I have several. One takes the cake, always. And that is because he is not only wealthy, but also very eccentric.

Our friend has run out of ways to expand on his home to impress guests. He has added a pool room and a pool room...billiards and indoor swimming. And a movie room and a tennis court INDOOR!

He has literally added a coffee bar outside his bedroom. Not all guests are privy to it, but it is not totally private because he lets some in to partake in morning coffee. So people walk through his bedroom to get to the coffee bar, or if it is evening, just the "bar." The odd placement is just because he can't move away from where he is due to the expansive equipment storage there and so he just added where he could.

I don't care how rich I get, nobody is having coffee, shots or what have you by traveling through my bedroom. He literally added it for him and his wife, yet he still entertains in it. That is just so strange.

This guy turned 40 in 2005 and that was the same year I taught him what a garage sale was. He is just such an ass hat. And my guy wonders why I refuse to attend parties at his home.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you have any totally materialistic friends?   Do you have any totally materialistic friends? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:07 am

To answer your question, Red, yes I know at least one person who is overly concerned with living in the material world but they can't hold a candle to the person you described. It's his money and if that's what makes him happy Shrugs (Oh well…) . I agree though. I don't care how big the lottery jackpot is. There'll be no coffee bar in my bedroom. That is not on our list of features in our dream house.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you have any totally materialistic friends?   Do you have any totally materialistic friends? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:21 am

Yeah, I know people who are somewhat like that.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you have any totally materialistic friends?   Do you have any totally materialistic friends? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:22 am

I know a couple but we are not the best of friends.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you have any totally materialistic friends?   Do you have any totally materialistic friends? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:26 am

Yeah & it's annoying as hell.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Do you have any totally materialistic friends?   Do you have any totally materialistic friends? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:35 pm

I can't think of any who are overly materialstic. Sounds like that guy is trying to buy friends, Red. Sad way to live.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Do you have any totally materialistic friends?   Do you have any totally materialistic friends? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:20 pm

I have a friend who likes to buy, buy, buy, and hoard, hoard, hoard. She even sought counseling for it awhile back. She isn't exactly "cured" but better.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have any totally materialistic friends?   Do you have any totally materialistic friends? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have any totally materialistic friends?
Page 1 of 1