CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
sue67
SecHandNews
TSJToddFan
allison13
Jason B.
trevorrules2
Tony Marino
ForeverJash
Forgiveness Man
Chris
Kral
TSJFan4Ever
16 posters

Is this a friendly board to post on?

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this a friendly board to post on?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:29 am

TSJToddFan wrote:I could write a very scathing editorial on SoapCentral; one that would name names (what the hey...I'll do it anyway: Thisismoi, ABCsoaps94, Luke, starbird, mel-o, MonkeyPaws, Oregon Daisy, NatGreens, PANTISHA1, Candycane77, Compgirl and phony spoiler princess RavenBeauty...who believes her own self-righteous hype.) It is akin to a playground of venomous soccer moms with their pesky, spoiled, need-to-be-slapped kids. Even before I was told about this forum, I had already stopped posting there for at least six months and did not regularly log in anymore, so it is a wonder that I just happen sign in one day and see the notice from ForeverJash posted on my profile wall about this board. Soap Opera Network is as bad, with a bunch of snarky cynics, who love to posture, and come off like they suffer from fist-sized hemorrhoids.
    My list would name a lot of other names. Wink
    sue67
    sue67
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this a friendly board to post on?

Post by sue67 Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 742817 Hi TSJfan4Ever and FM,
    Yes the soc was getting nasty and some of the posters couldn't just talk about the show but go after other posters very uncool, FM was treated very unfairly there given how nasty and personal some of the poster were with him. Since we are talking about other posters sure I'll talk Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 14535 and you guys don't even have to pull my arm. It drives me nuts when poster with agandas or a bias acts like they don't, I make no secret about mine and I'm always honest and up front about them though I do get a good laugh when a poster investigates my profile to prove I have a bias well duh yah I do.

As long as this board can be snarky and fun without crossing a line it looks like a goog board to be on. Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 532603

man I can't get enough of those darn smiles Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 Lol makes me giggle everytime
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Mentioned the board to febgrl - she hasn't been on SOC in about two months but has also been really busy but she said she's try and stop here. Am only spreading the word through e-mail, as I don't want some of the haters to see and come and ruin this board the way they have SOC, though that kind of behaviour won't be tolerated. Still, there's a much higher calibre of people here. It's much nicer that way. Smile
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Not to beat the dead horse, but I just remembered another hall of shamer. Is that "jujubee" person still posting at SOC? I think she was my law straw. I got a nice little warning from Liz for telling her what I thought of her.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:26 pm

Ugh - yup - still shows up to bash TSJ and worship RH whenever she can. Those are the posts that usually bring her out and she and the other RH loves/TSJ haters will post away about how they want RH back and how great it is that so many people want RH back and how they love the RH love and so on and so on - how the real Todd is dead and Trevor doesn't get Todd. I think RealTodd might have gotten banned, as I haven't seen that poster around in ages - another die hard RH fan who bashed Trevor whenever she got the chance.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:36 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Ugh - yup - still shows up to bash TSJ and worship RH whenever she can. Those are the posts that usually bring her out and she and the other RH loves/TSJ haters will post away about how they want RH back and how great it is that so many people want RH back and how they love the RH love and so on and so on - how the real Todd is dead and Trevor doesn't get Todd. I think RealTodd might have gotten banned, as I haven't seen that poster around in ages - another die hard RH fan who bashed Trevor whenever she got the chance.

jujubee is a nasty piece of work. She even has a Youtube channel dedicated to her RH nazi-dom. No one can be that bitter and be happy. Her life must be miserable. I remember RealTodd too. Strange but I don't remember her being *quite* as nasty or demented in her RH worship as juju.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Juju was one of the worst but RealTodd could get going when the other RH rabid nazis were in full swing. I wonder about Juju's mental stability. When you put that much effort into hating someone and are that demented and out of control, as you said Kral - you really can't be a happy person. I mean - even when I don't like certain actors, I don't waste time bashing them and going to such trouble to post my dislike. I'll bash characters but the effort she puts into trashing Trevor and promoting RH... well - it's just sad.
    Crazy4Gaga
    Crazy4Gaga
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 1

Post by Crazy4Gaga Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:54 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:I already love this place and have no desire to return to SOC. Seems that the best people have moved on and are here. It'll be nice to have a place to discuss things intelligently and know I won't be bashed because I like Trevor/Todd. I know that some of the nice regulars I remember from SOC aren't there anymore and others are as fed up as me.

Chris - you've created a wonderful place! Can't wait to get to know everyone here. Love how respectful this place is. I'm looking forward to the discussions here. Smile
    I concur with this. Anyhow, I very seldomly post over at SOC these days-it's so depressing and empty, it used to be such a great board before so many of my favorite posters left. Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 Kopfschuettel I post over there as Radjennifer, but you guys should just call me Jen. Smile

It's like I feel ashamed to be at SOC now, like it's not welcome to voice my opinions, since I am still a Todd fan, because of all the haters. Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 Icon_mad

Last edited by CrazyForGaga on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Totally know how you feel, Jen! Welcome to the board. It's great to have a place where you can express your opinion and your love for Todd without being attacked or bashed. Smile Smile Smile Glad your'e over here. You'll see some familiar faces...well - posters - lol.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:21 pm

SOC had a lot of issues with who you couldn't bash and couldn't defend, and I always found myself on the opposite end of what the MODS seemed to like. Razz
    nascargal
    nascargal
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by nascargal Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:34 pm

Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 56354 Thank you to JBFan/TSJfan for asking me to come over here! I haven't posted at SOC in months...and when I did, it got deleted because I cannot stand the one sided moderating over there. Certain favorites get to post at will and insult at will, while others, in defending their favorites or themselves, or fellow posters, get banned or warned, and most usually, their posts deleted. I can't participate in a board that is run like that. I can't. I am far too opinionated to be stifled that way. My love for Todd/TSJ goes too deep to allow the incessant bashing that goes on there unabated. It makes my blood boil! SO, to keep my blood pressure down, I just avoid that place like the plague. I have noticed the popularity has died down there and it is a dying board. Moderating like that doesn't make people want to come and become members of the community. I have had my fill, and so I left. I am glad there is another place to discuss my favorite soap without that TSJ bashers running over the threads! Thanks for the invite!! Smile
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Glad to see you here, nascargal. Smile I was going to call us SOC refugees as we're fleeing a nasty, infested war-zone, but it's more like we've been liberated - liberatees? LOL! I don't know.

I think you'll love this place! I know I do. Smile It's been great chatting about OLTL and enjoying reading other, intelligent posts. Plus, there are a bunch of familiar faces, which is awesome.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:28 am

nascargal wrote:Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 56354 Thank you to JBFan/TSJfan for asking me to come over here! I haven't posted at SOC in months...and when I did, it got deleted because I cannot stand the one sided moderating over there. Certain favorites get to post at will and insult at will, while others, in defending their favorites or themselves, or fellow posters, get banned or warned, and most usually, their posts deleted. I can't participate in a board that is run like that. I can't. I am far too opinionated to be stifled that way. My love for Todd/TSJ goes too deep to allow the incessant bashing that goes on there unabated. It makes my blood boil! SO, to keep my blood pressure down, I just avoid that place like the plague. I have noticed the popularity has died down there and it is a dying board. Moderating like that doesn't make people want to come and become members of the community. I have had my fill, and so I left. I am glad there is another place to discuss my favorite soap without that TSJ bashers running over the threads! Thanks for the invite!! Smile

We are happy to have you here and I am sure you are going to enjoy your time on this board and not have to worry about every single word you say. Welcome Smile
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:51 pm

nascargal wrote:Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 56354 Thank you to JBFan/TSJfan for asking me to come over here! I haven't posted at SOC in months...and when I did, it got deleted because I cannot stand the one sided moderating over there. Certain favorites get to post at will and insult at will, while others, in defending their favorites or themselves, or fellow posters, get banned or warned, and most usually, their posts deleted. I can't participate in a board that is run like that. I can't. I am far too opinionated to be stifled that way. My love for Todd/TSJ goes too deep to allow the incessant bashing that goes on there unabated. It makes my blood boil! SO, to keep my blood pressure down, I just avoid that place like the plague. I have noticed the popularity has died down there and it is a dying board. Moderating like that doesn't make people want to come and become members of the community. I have had my fill, and so I left. I am glad there is another place to discuss my favorite soap without that TSJ bashers running over the threads! Thanks for the invite!! Smile

Welcome nascargal. Yep, this is a much more relaxed and adult atmosphere. Everyone here acts like adults, so there is no need for over moderating. The way I see it, when you treat adults like children, they tend to behave that way.
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:SOC had a lot of issues with who you couldn't bash and couldn't defend, and I always found myself on the opposite end of what the MODS seemed to like. Razz
    ^^^Sums up SOC perfectly and explains why so many of us are deserting that cesspool.
    Thanks for the link I got, thought I'd stop by and wow I recognize quite a few handles.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:17 am

Used to post on SOC as JeffBransonFan. Changed names to one that fit OLTL better when I began posting here. Smile Glad to see you join us, Pilaring. It's a lot more fun over here!
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:28 am

Chris wrote:Welcome nascargal. Yep, this is a much more relaxed and adult atmosphere. Everyone here acts like adults, so there is no need for over moderating. The way I see it, when you treat adults like children, they tend to behave that way.

That's what used to happen at the AOL board. Big Brother (moderators) were everywhere, reprimanding posters, telling you what you could and couldn't say, etc. It got to the point where the posters started latching on to this, would play teachers pet and cry to mommy moderator every time someone posted something that they didn't like. These were grown people, acting like 10 year old babies.
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:10 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Used to post on SOC as JeffBransonFan. Changed names to one that fit OLTL better when I began posting here. Smile Glad to see you join us, Pilaring. It's a lot more fun over here!
    Hey there, I use scamperdo at SOC, nice seeing you over here.
    sue67
    sue67
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by sue67 Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 563125
    Pilaring wrote:
    Hey there, I use scamperdo at SOC, nice seeing you over here.
    Oh I was just wondering where you went I haven't seen you on the soc board but then again I haven't seen a lot of people there for a while.
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:16 pm

sue67 wrote:Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 563125
    Oh I was just wondering where you went I haven't seen you on the soc board but then again I haven't seen a lot of people there for a while.
    Hey Sue, been posting over at Kelly's Todd/Tea board and much happier as the SOC mods favoritism was just ridiculous. Yeah, a lot of folks aren't at SOC, it's traffic way down.
    Crazy4Gaga
    Crazy4Gaga
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Crazy4Gaga Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Pilaring wrote:
    Hey Sue, been posting over at Kelly's Todd/Tea board and much happier as the SOC mods favoritism was just ridiculous. Yeah, a lot of folks aren't at SOC, it's traffic way down.
    After all the stupidity and favoritism that has gone down at SOC like you guys say, I guess SOC's dying popularity is what they have coming to them! Interesting how only particular posters get banned, while coughbullsh*tbiatchgirlcough gets to stay. That's what I have noticed too, the traffic has gone crucially down, way down. I'm in Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 56354 with your icon.

Last edited by CrazyForGaga on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:48 pm

[quote="CrazyForGaga"]
    After all the stupidity and favoritism that has gone down at SOC like you guys say, I guess SOC's dying popularity is what they have coming to them! Interesting how only particular posters get banned, while coughbullsh*tbiatchgirlcough gets to stay. That's what I have noticed too, the traffic has gone crucially down, way down. I'm in Is this a friendly board to post on? - Page 2 56354 with your icon.[/quote

Yeah, SOC was rocking for months just short while back. Posts would scroll off front page so fast. Now a few teens taken over and as you say the same old attack dogs left with no one left to care WTF they say anymore.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:29 pm

LOL - so I'mnot the only one who has her own meaning for BSB on that board - lol! Sure does fit her, though.

Welcome Pilaring - thought that was you but wasn't sure. That sad thing is, some of these posters aren't teens.
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:49 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:LOL - so I'mnot the only one who has her own meaning for BSB on that board - lol! Sure does fit her, though.

Welcome Pilaring - thought that was you but wasn't sure. That sad thing is, some of these posters aren't teens.

I'm Pilaring on Kelly's board and SZ too. Honestly I just cruised SOC a couple of times and the few titles sounded all TEENY bopperish t me. Shrugs. Starr & James are easier to watch than SOLE and I'm not digging Dani & Nate so don't have much to say on those pairings. I preferred Dani and Matt as Nate so far a real dud IMO. MF is way too good for BB, Hannah could be a formidable character if not stuck moping over Cole.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:40 am

Was just lurking on SOC and wow - it hasn't changed a bit. I thought after a break maybe I'd return but the filth that goes on there and the attacks from Todd haters? The mods are as biased as John McVain! If Todd fans had made some of the comments I saw there today, they'd have been banned for months. SOC really is right in league with a few of the other cesspools of filth and nastiness out there.

Thanks for setting this place up, Chris!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:33 am