Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?

Go down 
+9
captainbryce
Bluesmama
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
Tony Marino
Shale
Nystyle709
Chris
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? Empty
PostSubject: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:09 am

Let's say you met someone who you liked, and very quickly the two of you hit it off – however, they informed you that they made a commitment to being celibate and had no intention of taking the relationship to a sexual level.

Would you continue the relationship?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:15 am

I can honestly say that I'll try.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:17 am

Been there done that. Jim and I were celibate for much of our relationship.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:19 am

Maybe if I were 80 years old.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:20 am

Is this no sexual thing perpetual or just until marriage? I fully intend to not do that with a woman until the wedding night. But if she's NEVER looking for intimacy, than she obviously doesn't want marriage either, in which case there's no point to a romantic relationship.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:21 am

I wouldn't find it too believable, but sure.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:53 am

Chris wrote:
Let's say you met someone who you liked, and very quickly the two of you hit it off – however, they informed you that they made a commitment to being celibate and had no intention of taking the relationship to a sexual level.

Would you continue the relationship?

Not if they expected me to be celibate.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Hmmm. I may be able to do that now. But I know darn well that I couldn't have in the past.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Yes. And so could everyone else that's ever had a platonic, or same sex relationship. If you've ever been sexually attracted to a friend (who you know you'll never have a shot with), that pretty much describes that situation. The only difference is that you may not actually live with them.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:08 pm

Depends. If we're waiting for the sake of getting to know each other better and having a more concrete emotional bond before taking it there, then I could...if we're just not having sex because she's frigid, disinterested in it, or because she has some sort of moral conflict with it, then we're not compatible. All we could do is date. I couldn't commit to that.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:46 pm

I would like to think that I COULD but if we're being honest I'm not looking to get involved with anyone who wasn't interested in sex.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Not if this is supposed to be a committed romantic type relationship. If it's a "Hey we're in love so let's spend the rest of our lives together but NO SEX!!!!!" Too much expectation for me. I respect their desires (or lack thereof) but no. That's the way it is with really good friends & that's fine & normal but not in a couple's type relationship.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:33 pm

It would depend on their reasons why, what could break the spell and how long they estimate it to last.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?   Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate? Empty

Back to top Go down

Could you be in a relationship with someone who was celibate?
Page 1 of 1