CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Tony Marino
Supernova
6 posters

What would you do if this was your sister?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What would you do if this was your sister? Empty What would you do if this was your sister?

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:43 pm

My mom watches Jerry Springer and Maury back to back and today Maury isn't doing paternity tests, it's bringing on abusive husbands and handing them over to hardass drill instructors or something. The last one on, you just wish the brother took a shovel to this bastard's head; he made his wife give up her job to stay home all day, forces her to walk around the house naked or in lingerie so he can force her to have sex any time HE wants saying 'it's all hanging out so...', and she's 4 months pregnant. And of course I always look at the women, she's stayed with him for FIVE years, why? But if you found out this was going on with YOUR sister, what would you do?

If it were me, he'd need red walls so the blood wouldn't show through.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

What would you do if this was your sister? Empty Re: What would you do if this was your sister?

Post by Tony Marino Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:47 pm

I would think there was something wrong with my sister. I would not like it but its her husband and she has choices.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

What would you do if this was your sister? Empty Re: What would you do if this was your sister?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:05 pm

If my sister was in a truly abusive relationship, I would do whatever I could to help her. In the specific case of this lady, I wouldn't give a rat's ass. A truly abused woman wouldn't go on a show like Maury to fix the situation.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:21 pm

This particular case would be a sticky one for me. Sounds like he's a bully, but no mention is made that he beats her. If he doesn't then what stops her from his demands??? Sure, it could be mental abuse ~ an even more difficult one to step in and help with.

In this case ~ as it is ~ I would do nothing. If she confided in me about her situation I would surely say how I feel about it but with caution. If he beat her I'd be tempted to hire something to give him a taste of his own medicine (I really would consider it). But I also wouldn't want to make things worse for the sister.

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Short of abuse, be it physical or emotional, I would try to bite my tongue but it would be pretty chilly when I was around. It's unclear to me from Supernova's description how this particular woman feels about the situation but I hope any sister of mine would have more self esteem than to put up with that shit.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:05 pm

I'd just tell her she's stupid for putting up with it and if she doesn't listen, then that's on her. If he's not physically abusing her, there'd be nothing I can do or say. I stay out of people's relationships, for the most part. Fortunately for me, my sister is 9 so I won't be worrying about this for another 10 years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:32 pm