Halloween traditions Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halloween traditions

Go down 
+5
Bluesmama
Supernova
Hyacinth Girl
Cheaps
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Halloween traditions Empty
PostSubject: Halloween traditions   Halloween traditions EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:01 am

Aside from trick or treating, or distributing candy, do you have any Halloween traditions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Halloween traditions   Halloween traditions EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:22 am

Hhhmmm, halloween parties? Other than that, no.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Halloween traditions   Halloween traditions EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:38 am

Yes, trying to keep the candy hidden from my husband, so that he doesn't eat it all before the actual day, thus causing me to go out and buy more. big grin

This year I turned the tables on him, though--he found my stash the other night and helped himself (tell-tale chocolate wrappers in the trash. . . ) so I dumped the candy bags into a paper grocery bag, balled up the empty packages and stuffed them back into the Walmart bag I had them in and replaced this in it's "hiding place" in the closet behind my sewing machine.

I then took a couple of candies and put them into a sandwich bag with a note taped to it saying "Aha! I caught you!!", and set this on top of the trash in the closet! The candy in the grocery bag, I hid inside the clothes dryer, and he'll never look there.

This morning the husband commented on my note and thought it was funny, so I told him I'd leave him a daily allotment since the candy's too expensive at $9-13 per bag for him to be woofing it down. If it's all eaten, then I just won't do Halloween, leave the lights off and go to work because I'm not buying more after already spending $50 on candy.

Now I just have to decide if I want to leave the apportioned candy on the counter for the husband, or stuff it in the closet so he feels like he's raiding the stash, still!
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Halloween traditions   Halloween traditions EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:52 am

Regular stuff, caramel apples, carving jack-o-lanterns, getting dressed up.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Halloween traditions   Halloween traditions EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:08 pm

A grand spread across our front yard. And it's scary, not at all "cute". Then the kids have to go up The Gauntlet ~ the scary stairs ~ to get their treat. Every single year I get one child in tears. But most of them return again each year.

I would post a pic later but for some reason I can't download photos in this forum.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Halloween traditions   Halloween traditions EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:40 pm

No. I don't know who makes a big deal out of Halloween, but I don't.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Halloween traditions   Halloween traditions EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Halloween traditions   Halloween traditions EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:38 pm

When I was a kid A Nightmare on Elm Street used to come on TV every year. When I got older it stopped, but by then I had it on video and would keep on watching it. Might do that again this year.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Halloween traditions   Halloween traditions EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:33 am

Gotta dance to "Thriller." Halloween is incomplete without it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halloween traditions   Halloween traditions Empty

Back to top Go down

Halloween traditions
Page 1 of 1