Thanksgiving traditions Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanksgiving traditions

Go down 
+4
Shale
Cheaps
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Thanksgiving traditions Empty
PostSubject: Thanksgiving traditions   Thanksgiving traditions EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Do you have any?

Of course the food is always the same, turkey, potatoes, sweet potato casserole, olives, cranberry sauce, pastel mints, etc., but our big tradition is every year on Thanksgiving night we watch the 1951 Alastair Sim version of A Christmas Carol.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving traditions   Thanksgiving traditions EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:55 pm

This year we sorta are breaking our usual traditions. We watch the 6ABC parade (whatever the latest sponsor this year is haha), and we still did that. But we usually go to my grandmother's and this year, my uncle's having my grandparents over so we're staying home and eating here. We're still keeping the most important tradition alive though, the manicotti! big grin
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving traditions   Thanksgiving traditions EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Not really, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving traditions   Thanksgiving traditions EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 6:44 pm

I live alone, I'm a vegetarian so I usually don't do anything special for Thanksgiving.

I'm having black beans & rice for supper. (Arroz con frijoles negros if you want it to sound exotic). It's a wash between the elaborate food spread and the hassle. I am thankful to have a simple meal that I like with only 2 pots to clean.

Today, as usual on days off I went to a movie. It was a toss-up between that and my other day off activity, the nude beach. But altho it was clear blue skies, the wind was a bit too cool so I went to see Life of Pi.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving traditions   Thanksgiving traditions EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:58 pm

We don't really. But when I lived at home, my parents often had a bachelor for dinner. It wasn't always the same guy, but we seemed to always share it with some guy who had no place to go.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving traditions   Thanksgiving traditions EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:04 pm

Nope
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving traditions   Thanksgiving traditions EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:12 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
We don't really. But when I lived at home, my parents often had a bachelor for dinner. It wasn't always the same guy, but we seemed to always share it with some guy who had no place to go.

For several years I was that bachelor. My friend and his partner had me over for Thanksgiving with their family, even made vegetarian portions for me. It was really nice but they moved to Maine.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving traditions   Thanksgiving traditions EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Shale wrote:

For several years I was that bachelor. My friend and his partner had me over for Thanksgiving with their family, even made vegetarian portions for me. It was really nice but they moved to Maine.

Awe, sorry they moved Shale! That was so nice that they made vegetarian portions for you!
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving traditions   Thanksgiving traditions EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 1:57 am

damn... they were inviting SINGLE men and you didnt invite me? I dont care that you didnt know me back then... that is when i needed a good, single guy LOL--- who wouldnt expect me to cook! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving traditions   Thanksgiving traditions EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:34 pm

We always started the day out by watching "March of the Wooden Soldiers" with Laurel and Hardy. Mama would always have fruit in her crystal fruit basket and all kinds of nuts to snack on before the big meal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving traditions   Thanksgiving traditions Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving traditions
Page 1 of 1