It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?

Go down 
+6
AtownPeep
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
Cheaps
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? Empty
PostSubject: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?   It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:11 am

Do you tend to do anything in particular on Christmas Eve?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?   It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:14 am

Growing up we were allowed to open up one Christmas gift. My mother is still doing that, but with my nieces and nephews. I just spoke to one of my nephews earlier and he was excited about that.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?   It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:28 am

Christmas Eve is always a party with the neighbors, we have dinner and trade gifts.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?   It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:34 am

All of our traditions are taking a break lately. But I hope to maintain the dried dough tradition, and eventually restart the "Feast of the 7 Fishes" tradition.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?   It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:40 am

We do the fish thing, even though I don't eat fish my family still carry's on the tradition with the fish each year. Of course there is plenty of spaghetti to go around as well!
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?   It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:56 am

Christmas Eve is always hectic around here. Spending the day with family and doing a bunch of last minute running around. I'm about to get dressed and head out in a lil while and will probably be gone all day.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?   It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 12:55 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?   It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 1:18 pm

It has been the tradition in my family (from as long as I can remember and probably even before) we open gifts on Xmas eve then Xmas day we have Christmas dinner usually early afternoon. About 2 normally. So tonight is the night, since there are only 3 of us we order in Pizza then open the gifts.
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?   It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:54 pm

When i was a kid my sister would have an open house and over a hundred people would pass thru her doors between noon and 2am christmas eve. Usually do the 7 fishes, then we would put her kids' toys together, get to bed around 5 or so, and then wake up with the kids and have a quick breakfast before dinner started at 3 and lasted til 9. Gotta have all those courses you know and rest between each! lol

Now it seems that all the kids grew up and have their own kids and family stops talking to each other... so it will be a small affair. sad miss the old days tho
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?   It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:03 pm

cheaps wrote:
Growing up we were allowed to open up one Christmas gift. My mother is still doing that, but with my nieces and nephews. I just spoke to one of my nephews earlier and he was excited about that.

I tried several times to start that very thing in my family but the husband just couldn't go for it. We opened on the Eve while theirs did everything on the day. I still wish we could have done this.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?   It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Nothing really noteable. I do light up numerous candles, and I burn Frankincense to symbolize baby Jesus. Luckily, we like the smell. Usually watch a Christmas movie.

But the weather has been so clear and usually mild that we may go view lighting, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?   It's Christmas Eve: any traditions? Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Christmas Eve: any traditions?
Page 1 of 1