CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Hyacinth Girl
RedBedroom
Shale
Chris
8 posters

Is it rude to correct other people's children's behavior?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Is it rude to correct other people's children's behavior? Empty Is it rude to correct other people's children's behavior?

Post by Chris Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:14 am

If you see a child, who you aren't related to, misbehaving or being disrespectful in front of you, would you reprimand them?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Is it rude to correct other people's children's behavior? Empty Re: Is it rude to correct other people's children's behavior?

Post by Shale Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:18 am

If they are kicking the back of my seat on a bus or in the theater, I will turn around and tell them to stop - looking at the person who shoulda told them in the first place. If it is not impacting me, I'll wait for some other old curmudgeon to tell them about it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Is it rude to correct other people's children's behavior? Empty Re: Is it rude to correct other people's children's behavior?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:35 am

Unless they are about to injure themselves or someone else I don't say a word. I figure it to be pointless if their parent hasn't bothered to say anything.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:43 am

Depends on what the kid is doing, and how evil he/she is being, then yes, I'd say something. After having been the token "Chaperone Mom" on all my daughter's field trips and extracurricular activities over the years, I have no problem reprimanding.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:51 am

Correcting somebody else's child isn't rude...letting your damn kid scream like a banshee in public because he doesn't get what he wants is rude.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:06 pm

I agree with all the posts here. Sometimes others have to do the work for the space cadet parents.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Yes, I would.....if I was being affected by it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Ditto everyone else.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:42 am