Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children?

Go down 
+2
Alan Smithee
Chris
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children? Empty
PostSubject: Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children?   Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:09 am

Do you think television and film are ever culpable in influencing misbehavior in children? If a kid emulates something dangerous he saw on TV, should the producers bare any responsibility?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children?   Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:42 am

Chris wrote:
Do you think television and film are ever culpable in influencing misbehavior in children? If a kid emulates something dangerous he saw on TV, should the producers bare any responsibility?

In influencing? Yes. Those who made it being culpable or responsible? No. OzzY Osbourne being sued over teenage suicides was bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children?   Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 11:04 am

People praise TV when it has a positive influence on kids, it would be asinine to say that it can't do the opposite. They can definitely pick up the wrong things from TV, which is why there are parents, to put their feet down and straighten their kids out about what's acceptable and what isn't.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children?   Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 11:53 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

In influencing? Yes. Those who made it being culpable or responsible? No. OzzY Osbourne being sued over teenage suicides was bullshit.

Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children? 35166 The ultimate person responsible is this kid and sometimes the parents.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children?   Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:21 pm

No, not really. Not unless each generation of kids are getting "stupider".

When I was a kid we had shows like 'The Three Stooges', and I don't ever remember children trying to poke each other's eyes. In the end, that responsibility falls on the parents.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children?   Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:40 pm

Bluesmama wrote:
No, not really. Not unless each generation of kids are getting "stupider".

When I was a kid we had shows like 'The Three Stooges', and I don't ever remember children trying to poke each other's eyes. In the end, that responsibility falls on the parents.

Although, mothers did speak up because they were worried their kids would poke each other in the eyes; which is why Moe went on to explain to the kids how the trick was done to show nobody really got hurt. And there were parents who asked psychiatrists if the 3 Stooges was damaging to the children; one psychiatrist replied it was not and that her kids all watched the Stooges.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children?   Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Supernova wrote:

Although, mothers did speak up because they were worried their kids would poke each other in the eyes; which is why Moe went on to explain to the kids how the trick was done to show nobody really got hurt. And there were parents who asked psychiatrists if the 3 Stooges was damaging to the children; one psychiatrist replied it was not and that her kids all watched the Stooges.

Interesting. I don't remember all that concern at all, and my mom sure wasn't. About the only thing I "copied" was Curly's floor fit where he'd lie on his side and do circles (it worked well with my hyper-activeness).

Quite frankly ~ considering the paranoia of parents ~ I'm surprised that 'The Stooges' are still in syndication.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children?   Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Bluesmama wrote:

Interesting. I don't remember all that concern at all, and my mom sure wasn't. About the only thing I "copied" was Curly's floor fit where he'd lie on his side and do circles (it worked well with my hyper-activeness).

Quite frankly ~ considering the paranoia of parents ~ I'm surprised that 'The Stooges' are still in syndication.

My brother and I used to do that spinning around too, I shall have to try it again someday. Incidentally, Moe explained once in later years, that Curly did that, and other things like chomping his teeth or hitting himself in the head, when he would forget his lines and he would drop on the floor, spin around and he'd be able to remember them again. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children?   Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:15 pm

I don't buy it really. Parents can simply not let their kids watch it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children?   Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it right to blame television/film for misbehavior in children?
Page 1 of 1