CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Nystyle709
Chris
Alan Smithee
Shale
CatEyes10736
9 posters

So pissed (rant)

CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

So pissed (rant) Empty So pissed (rant)

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Early this year I got renewal notice to renew my membership at Bally Total Fitness. Last February I went to renew it but the offer expired and was now almost double what it was originally, so I ask them if I could put down 1/2 and then come back and pay the other half. They said yes. So I did that. 1/2 one day then a few weeks later I went in and paid the other 1/2. After the 2nd payment, they said that I was all good for another year. Admittedly I didn't go to the gym for months after that, but last week I decided that it was time for me to go back so I pull up my statement online and see that my membership says expired. This makes no sense to me because I was led to believe I was good til Feb. So I go to the club yesterday and ask them to check the status of my account and the sales mgr. says that it is cancelled. I explain that I paid and how I paid, and that I was led to believe that everything was good. He says that he saw the payments I made but that the computer was still saying that my account is no good, and that whoever it was that took my payments back in Feb. screwed me because renewals have to be paid flat...but get this...that I can renew again for $99 and that will reactivate my account. Are you kidding? So basically you took my money and I now have nothing to show for it. So he gives me this runaround about how he's gonna call corporate on my behalf to check out the situation and see if it can be rectified. I'm steamed.

My BF is a personal trainer at another club, so I could always just go there to work out but that doesn't excuse this companies thievery.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

So pissed (rant) Empty Re: So pissed (rant)

Post by Shale Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:22 pm

If you have receipts of your payments you should have it cleared up. If they don't then check your local media, newpaper or TV. They usually have someone who helps because Bali does not want it known that they or their computer screws over customers.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:28 pm

Opa Shale wrote:If you have receipts of your payments you should have it cleared up. If they don't then check your local media, newpaper or TV. They usually have someone who helps because Bali does not want it known that they or their computer screws over customers.
    co-signs Also see if your state has some consumer protection department.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 pm

As my mom once told me:
    Sometimes you gotta get angry.

That almost sounds like a lawsuit.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:29 am

Craziness. I will get my money back, one way or the other.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:09 am

I agree with the advice given. Make some noise. Sometimes companies pull this shit because they think they can get away with it. They get used to people just accepting it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:10 pm

Write the better business bureau they are online and its quick and easy. That should make them jump a little.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:50 pm

I'd be pissed, too, but would pursue the issue. At least they're still open.

One club in the burb I live in closed its doors unexpectedly one day, and none of the members knew about it beforehand. I had bought a $45 tan packet within 3 weeks prior, so I was NOT a happy camper. There was an article in the local newspaper, and the owner "disappeared" from the public, and many members were fired up at losing money.

I've avoided those places since.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:45 am

Ballys took over Golds here years ago (they did not last long, though) and they screwed my friend over. She had auto withdraw from her account and they kept taking out after she got out of the contract per her doctor's notice about cluster headaches. Don't let them screw with you. Tell them you will report them to the BBB.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:09 am