CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
captainbryce
FireIce918
Marc™
Supernova
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Chris
11 posters

Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? Empty Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?

Post by Chris Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:10 pm

When you're watching a horror film, or after its over, do you tend to turn on the lights more?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? Empty Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Not really. I don't watch them.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? Empty Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?

Post by Cheaps Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:19 pm

Yea, some do.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Na, lights or no lights, if it's a good one, you get paranoid, even with lights on I anticipate some psycho behind me with a knife.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Not gonna lie, yep....
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:00 am

Yes, which is why I don't tend to watch them unless I'm not sleeping alone. I have really vivid nightmares that tend to make me paranoid during a bathroom run.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:33 am

Horror movies don't really scare me. Or at least, I haven't seen one in a long time that I thought was actually "scary". Most horror movies now just accomplish cheap scares with "jump scenes", loud musical cues, screams and quick cuts. That's designed simply to startle the audience, but not genuinly "scare" them. And gore doesn't really scare me either.

The types of things that scare me would be scenes that portray scary but realistic situations like being trapped underwater, burried alive, or waking up in the middle of surgery, etc. Generally, scenes of claustrophobia tend to scare me because it's a psychological effect of me putting myself in that situation. So the having the lights on doesn't really change that at all for me. Movies that I find "scary" probably don't scare other people, but the movies that scare other people I usually find dumb and not really scary at all.

For example: Three "non scary" movies that I found scary the first few times I watched them were "The Abyss" (trapped underwater/drowning), "Outbreak" (virulent disease) and "The Forgotten" (losing your mind).
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:13 am

I don't watch horror movies. Razz
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:44 am

It just depends on the movie.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:58 am

Strangely enuf, a movie that didn't really scare me, Paranormal Activity, gave me pause after the fact.

One nite I was awakened with a crash. The stand light next to my bed was laying across my legs. I got up and put it back, but could not figure out how it had been thrown from its position in which it had stood for years. I thot back to that movie in the nite, how things go on around you while you sleep.

Or somehow I kicked up and caught the shelf of the lamp sending it over.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:01 am

Opa Shale wrote:Strangely enuf, a movie that didn't really scare me, Paranormal Activity, gave me pause after the fact.

One nite I was awakened with a crash. The stand light next to my bed was laying across my legs. I got up and put it back, but could not figure out how it had been thrown from its position in which it had stood for years. I thot back to that movie in the nite, how things go on around you while you sleep.

Or somehow I kicked up and caught the shelf of the lamp sending it over.
    Don't you HATE that? lol After I saw it my crazy ass cat ran through the house slamming into stuff & making that exact same sound. I barely slept that night ROFLMAO!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:47 pm

No, actually when the movie is over I want to see another one!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:16 pm

Tony Marino wrote:No, actually when the movie is over I want to see another one!
    Not after you see the one I would make! big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:35 am