CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
CeCe
FireIce918
Marc™
Minerva
Bluesmama
Supernova
10 posters

How often do you go to the library?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

How often do you go to the library? Empty How often do you go to the library?

Post by Supernova Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:56 pm

How often do you frequent your local library? I try to go every Saturday, and in addition to all the stuff I get from there, I work the inter-library loans to death.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

How often do you go to the library? Empty Re: How often do you go to the library?

Post by Bluesmama Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Never. I don't like time restraints on my reading.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

How often do you go to the library? Empty Re: How often do you go to the library?

Post by Minerva Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Rarely. I usually do not find what I am looking for at my local library and I cannot put up with the noise that is allowed today. Whatever happened to "Silence in the library?"

I have an e-reader for books but will read regular books if the font is big enough. But they are usually ones I may purchase or borrow.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:00 pm

Minerva wrote:Rarely. I usually do not find what I am looking for at my local library and I cannot put up with the noise that is allowed today. Whatever happened to "Silence in the library?"

Totally, today some guy was plugged into one of the computers and I don't know what he was doing but he kept spouting off random words at full volume, and nothing. But I go in with 2 of my neighbor kids, and we whisper, but we read aloud, and WE'RE the ones complained about for being disruptive.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:11 pm

I go to my school's library on a semi-regular basis. I go to the city library maybe once every other year.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Ours lacks a lot of things, and books are largely a done deal because if they're older than 15 years any donations won't get put on the shelves, and they stopped taking VHS but they do I think still take DVDs and I'm considering getting a few things here and there that they could add to their collection. They have about half of the original Wizard of Oz books, most of them very old copies, and for them supposing to have 2 copies of Alice Through the Looking Glass, neither is anywhere to be found. And it would be nice to see Thelma & Louise or The Towering Inferno or First Blood available SOMEWHERE in this town to rent.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:48 pm

A lot. I've been a bookworm since an early age. I used to like just chilling in the library until it recently became the hangout spot for every unemployed person. Now I get in, get my shit and get out. And this is in the county....it's worse in the city because then we have to factor in the homeless people who hang out all day and sometimes assault women in the bathroom blank stare @ you
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:25 pm

Used to go all the time. Not sure when the last time was...it's been years.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Not as often as I should. My local library isn't that close to me (well there are a few close-by branches, but they are so small and too inhabited by school kids that I don't really wanna bother). The large library is downtown and is about a 25 min drive away from me so I really don't go there too often.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Whenever there is a book I want to read or I need to print out something, since I don't have a printer. Maybe once a month.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:21 pm

It varies from year to year. Some years I go a lot, and some years I may not go at all. I don't think I"ve been to the library this year.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:01 pm

I go quite a bit. Much more in the winter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:42 am