CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Hyacinth Girl
Supernova
CeCe
RedBedroom
8 posters

Any ideas on why a water bill would over double in one month with less water use?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Any ideas on why a water bill would over double in one month with less water use? Empty Any ideas on why a water bill would over double in one month with less water use?

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:36 pm

Just read my mail from when I was out of town. My water bill is over double what it usually is. I won't be able to get info on why until I call tomorrow. We live in a duplex, and the neighbor got her bill, so they did not include hers on mine.

I am so paranoid now on if there could be a water leak or something.

Any ideas?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Any ideas on why a water bill would over double in one month with less water use? Empty Re: Any ideas on why a water bill would over double in one month with less water use?

Post by CeCe Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:40 pm

A water leak is the first thing I thought of too. Even if they raised the rates it shouldn't have doubled. One thing I would do is see if the neighbor's bill is higher too. That might indicate a leak on the city side of things which would be something the city would have to take care of. But if you rent & it's on your side it would be the landlord's responsibility to fix it. But something is definitely going on with a spike that big.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Any ideas on why a water bill would over double in one month with less water use? Empty Re: Any ideas on why a water bill would over double in one month with less water use?

Post by Supernova Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Or it could be like us and just nobody knows how to do their jobs right anymore and just charges what the hell ever since it's about impossible to fight them on it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:44 pm

CeCe, no the neighbor's is the same as usual. Do you have any clue where to check for such a leak? I am so stupid when it comes to these things.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Supernova wrote:Or it could be like us and just nobody knows how to do their jobs right anymore and just charges what the hell ever since it's about impossible to fight them on it.

That could be too. One time, I went into our village office with $100. I had to pay our $70 water bill and $25 for my son's day park camp fee.

The lady literally told me that the two bills were separate and I would have to pay at two different times. I had to walk her through charging me for the water bill, giving me the change, then taking the money for the park camp.

I can't stand how stupid that lady is. I got so nervous tonight when I worried I wouldn't find last month's receipt. Once I found it, and called the neighbor, I realize this bill is just for the last month, no late payment. Something is going on, and I have no clue what it could be.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:47 pm

RedBedroom wrote:CeCe, no the neighbor's is the same as usual. Do you have any clue where to check for such a leak? I am so stupid when it comes to these things.

Just asked husband & he said turn the water completely off & go look at the meter outside. It shouldn't be moving. If it is there's a leak. He suggested looking around in the yard for a wet or mushy spot.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Supernova wrote:Or it could be like us and just nobody knows how to do their jobs right anymore and just charges what the hell ever since it's about impossible to fight them on it.

There's another idea Red. I'd look at the numbers on the meter & the bill & see if they match up within reason. Maybe they guy transposed some numbers when he read the meter.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:50 pm

CeCe wrote:

Just asked husband & he said turn the water completely off & go look at the meter outside. It shouldn't be moving. If it is there's a leak. He suggested looking around in the yard for a wet or mushy spot.

CeCe, tell your husband thank you. I am going to do that now. We did check the outside faucet already, but not the meter. I don't know how to shut the water off, but will have the neighbor come help me do that right now... thank you so much!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:52 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

CeCe, tell your husband thank you. I am going to do that now. We did check the outside faucet already, but not the meter. I don't know how to shut the water off, but will have the neighbor come help me do that right now... thank you so much!

I will Smile Good luck! Hope you find the problem soon.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:24 am

CeCe, thanks again. Seems the lines are all fine. So, that helps me tomorrow when I call the company.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:31 am

RedBedroom wrote:CeCe, thanks again. Seems the lines are all fine. So, that helps me tomorrow when I call the company.
    Hope this will turn out to be a huge error on their part & it gets straightened out soon. And you're very welcome Red Smile
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:40 am

Thanks again...I despise working with them....

But there is something going on that is not my fault.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:21 am

Not to point the finger anywhere, but are your neighbors trustworthy? I've heard of situations where people will hook up their hoses to their neighbors' houses when they aren't home to save themselves a little $$ when it comes to water bills. Just a thought. . .
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:06 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Just read my mail from when I was out of town. My water bill is over double what it usually is. I won't be able to get info on why until I call tomorrow. We live in a duplex, and the neighbor got her bill, so they did not include hers on mine.

I am so paranoid now on if there could be a water leak or something.

Any ideas?

If you had any water leaks I am sure you would know about it. It must be a mistake on the bill.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Sounds like there's a discrepancy there. You should dispute it; maybe they'll give you a credit.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Well this water issue is bull shit. Our bill two months ago was for just under 4,000 gallons. This bill is for over 12,000. So far, they are just insisting one of our toilets was running.

That is bull because you can hear that and I am home all day. I would know if that happened and I would have fixed it right away.

So, what is going to happen is they are reading it electronically later this week then if it is back to normal, they will send someone to check the meter. But, she told me that they have never had a faulty meter so it is doubtful they will do anything about it. In the end, I am guessing I will be paying this large ass bill.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:07 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Well this water issue is bull shit. Our bill two months ago was for just under 4,000 gallons. This bill is for over 12,000. So far, they are just insisting one of our toilets was running.

That is bull because you can hear that and I am home all day. I would know if that happened and I would have fixed it right away.

So, what is going to happen is they are reading it electronically later this week then if it is back to normal, they will send someone to check the meter. But, she told me that they have never had a faulty meter so it is doubtful they will do anything about it. In the end, I am guessing I will be paying this large ass bill.

There is always a first time for a faulty meter. Insist they come and read it, there has to be something wrong with it if you have no leaks or running toilets in the house.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:22 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

There is always a first time for a faulty meter. Insist they come and read it, there has to be something wrong with it if you have no leaks or running toilets in the house.

Yeah, Tony after they read it electronically, if they don't offer me a credit, I will certainly make them come take a look at the meter.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Somebody is stealing your water.....
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:13 am

It very well could be a leak, but if not then there's gotta be some kind of an overlap with your neighbors.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:53 pm

I didn't hear from them today. Hopefully tomorrow.

I really don't think anyone is stealing our water. Especially this time of year. Nobody even has a pool here. Our neighbors to one side water their garden/lawn a lot, but they are older and don't seem the type to steal anyway.

As far as our neighbors in the other side of the duplex, it can't be them. First of all, I am home too often for anyone to steal that much water without me knowing. And we share our firewood with the duplex neighbors and they are always trying to give us money for it, so they just aren't the type to steal even given the chance.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:27 am

Red I'd contact them repeatedly if necessary until you get an answer. A little higher than usual is one thing. DOUBLE means something is up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:30 pm