CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Tony Marino
RedBedroom
6 posters

This water bill situation is insane

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

This water bill situation is insane Empty This water bill situation is insane

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:39 pm

So, I just heard from the lady at the town office. This month the usage is up to 16,000 gallons for November! In September we used 3,634 gallons. The October read out is the one I mentioned in my other post about this. It was 12,413. So clearly there is an issue. When we get the November bill in three weeks, it is going to be so high.

They are sending someone out to check the meter in the morning. It really sucks because she keeps insisting we have a toilet running. It isn't or I would know. #1 I would hear it and #2 the blue tablets I place in the tank would be used up faster than normal.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

This water bill situation is insane Empty Re: This water bill situation is insane

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:05 pm

RedBedroom wrote:So, I just heard from the lady at the town office. This month the usage is up to 16,000 gallons for November! In September we used 3,634 gallons. The October read out is the one I mentioned in my other post about this. It was 12,413. So clearly there is an issue. When we get the November bill in three weeks, it is going to be so high.

They are sending someone out to check the meter in the morning. It really sucks because she keeps insisting we have a toilet running. It isn't or I would know. #1 I would hear it and #2 the blue tablets I place in the tank would be used up faster than normal.

What a bunch of Bozo's. When the meter man comes to read the meter show him you have no running toilets, I mean a running toilet is so obvious, I could hear it in my bedroom if I had one running or just being in the bathroom you would know if its running. Do you have a faucet outside???? Have you checked that?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

This water bill situation is insane Empty Re: This water bill situation is insane

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:19 pm

Yeah, Tony, I checked the outside faucet right away worried that maybe my son forgot it on.

I had called the guy we lease from and he is pretty upset too. He is retired with little to do so he is coming here tomorrow when the worker comes. He insisted that they not only check it, but remove it and put in a temporary one and take it to the shop to test it...and he is going to supervise the whole thing. He can be very cantankerous, but has a good heart. I can only imagine what an annoyance he will be tomorrow to the worker. But at least we will hopefully have an answer.

She actually told me that sometimes you can't hear a running toilet. Bull shit. Yes you can. And you can see it filling up. If a toilet was causing this usage, we would know.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:48 pm

That is some bullshit Red, I hope you get it straightened out, and quick!!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Not buying their story at all.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Thanks, Cheaps!

CeCe wrote:Not buying their story at all.

I am not either, CeCe. So, I truly don't know how this will end. Their reports show no continual leak, so it just has to be the meter. I really thought November usage would be back to normal and that they just randomly screwed up for October. But I guess I was wrong with this month being even worse.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:46 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Thanks, Cheaps!

I am not either, CeCe. So, I truly don't know how this will end. Their reports show no continual leak, so it just has to be the meter. I really thought November usage would be back to normal and that they just randomly screwed up for October. But I guess I was wrong with this month being even worse.

Something is wrong. That much water is no leaky toilet. I agree the meter needs to be tested & if there is an issue with it they owe you a refund.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:03 am

Bastards!
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:58 am

Very predictable that you've got to jump through hoops to prove their oversight.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Well, today it was removed and tested at the town shop. They found nothing wrong. So, basically everyone involved, but us, "knows" we did something out of the ordinary to use that much water and either forgot or won't fess up to it. My landlord did give me a check for $100 to cover some of the extra money, but he said he won't be giving any more.

It is beyond frustrating because when we only use about 4,000 gallons a month and then jump to 12,000 then 16,000 in the fall when we use less water usually, it is crazy.

Their error reports do not show a continual leak here. I got to thinking maybe it has something to do with the dishwasher. It is currently running and I made a note of the water use before I started it. I will have to track daily use to see if it is running high.

According to the water guy that came here, we had normal usage between yesterday morning and this morning.

I swear this is so infuriating. Thanks for "listening" to my venting.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:37 am

A dishwasher is for using less water while washing dishes. I hope they installed a new meter and not the old one again.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:27 am

I'm still calling bullshit. You would have to have a running toilet in every room & maybe open a car wash business on the side for it to go from 3,634 gallons to 12,413 in a month. I'd keep an eye on them Red. I don't think these companies are beyond trying to scam their customers. And I agree with Tony about the meter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:40 pm