CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Bluesmama
Hyacinth Girl
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Chris
9 posters

Ethical/moral dilemma (what would you do?)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Ethical/moral dilemma (what would you do?) Empty Ethical/moral dilemma (what would you do?)

Post by Chris Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:41 am

A friend confides to you that he/she has committed a particular crime and you promise never to tell. Discovering that an innocent person has been accused of the crime, you plead with your friend to give himself/herself up. He/she refuses and reminds you of your promise.

What would you do?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Ethical/moral dilemma (what would you do?) Empty Re: Ethical/moral dilemma (what would you do?)

Post by Cheaps Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:46 am

Keep my promise to my friend.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Ethical/moral dilemma (what would you do?) Empty Re: Ethical/moral dilemma (what would you do?)

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 pm

Yep....what she said. However, I would try to help the innocent person, if I could, by saying I know he/she didn't do it. But I wouldn't snitch.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:44 pm

Rat out the friend--they aren't that good a friend if they want you to be an accomplice to their misdeeds by obstructing justice, and possibly dragging you down with them.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Well, I'll tell you what, I wouldn't be willing to go down for it. I can't think of the proper term for it . . . harboring evidence, accessory. I think I would prefer that my friend just not tell me.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:Rat out the friend--they aren't that good a friend if they want you to be an accomplice to their misdeeds by obstructing justice, and possibly dragging you down with them.
    co-signs

Hopefully, no 'friend' ever puts me in that spot. Hopefully, they know that my ethical compass might just have me turn them in - depending on the crime. (I know 'outlaws,' have been one myself before certain stupid laws were rescinded).

But I could not be complicit in an innocent person being punished for a crime they did not do.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:47 pm

If it involved jail time for the innocent person, I would probably speak up.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:09 am

I would try and keep my promise, but st the same time communicate to the authorities that the person accused was innocent.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:22 am

Ain't much I can do, since I shouldn't have promised. Apparently I like them enough to even make a promise in the first place.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:16 am