CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Nystyle709
Kral
Bluesmama
CeCe
Supernova
Nhaiyel
10 posters

What colors are acceptable to be worn at a funeral?

Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

What colors are acceptable to be worn at a funeral?  Empty What colors are acceptable to be worn at a funeral?

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Do you think black (or darker colors) is mandatory for a funeral?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What colors are acceptable to be worn at a funeral?  Empty Re: What colors are acceptable to be worn at a funeral?

Post by Supernova Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:48 pm

No. I like what Ruth Gordon said in Harold and Maude, she didn't believe in wearing black to a funeral, because you never saw black flowers at a funeral, black flowers are dead flowers and what point in sending dead flowers to a funeral? So likewise why dress in dead colors?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

What colors are acceptable to be worn at a funeral?  Empty Re: What colors are acceptable to be worn at a funeral?

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:Do you think black (or darker colors) is mandatory for a funeral?

Not at all. I wouldn't wear a red leather mini skirt & a tube top but it doesn't have to be so somber with only black & gray either.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Black is still the dominating color worn at funerals (I've been to many), but it is not necessary.

In fact, I wore a white outfit to my daughter's funeral (just couldn't make myself wear black), and my brother wore a brown suit to his wife's funeral (for the same reason). I think a lot of people still feel more comfortable wearing black to accompany their mourning, while it repels others. So it's a choice.

But I do agree that bright/vivid colors are still considered inappropriate.

Last edited by Bluesmama on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Any color is ok so long as its not anything loud and distracting, but you can't go wrong with dark colors.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Kral wrote:Any color is ok so long as its not anything loud and distracting, but you can't go wrong with dark colors.

For the most part.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:59 am

I think anything is alright, so long as that person isn't drawing attention to his or herself. But IA that dark is preferred.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:13 am

Probably not mandatory, but yea, I stick with dark colors as well.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:12 am

I went to a funeral of a 10yr girl who had leukemia... and her favorite color was blue. The mother wore blue, the church was decorated in blue and anyone who knew her well wore blue... a powdery baby blue. It was actually really nice.

When my sister died, she was a biker chick who wore leather and jeans and boots.... My mother was mad, but I wore a guns n roses shirt and black boots. I think we should celebrate their lives, not their death.

My brother was mad at me cause I wanted to play rock music at my sis' funeral... he said that they are supposed to be traditional. When I retorted that my sis wasnt traditional, he responded, "yeah she'd a live @#$%ing band there if she could!" Well then guess what... if she would have a live band, it meant she would want the music,.... and I DID blast her rock at the viewing ---- the way SHE would have wanted it.

i truly believe that ALL funerals should be held according to the person's wishes, and clothing/colors should be worn accordingly.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:48 pm

wants2laugh wrote:I went to a funeral of a 10yr girl who had leukemia... and her favorite color was blue. The mother wore blue, the church was decorated in blue and anyone who knew her well wore blue... a powdery baby blue. It was actually really nice.

When my sister died, she was a biker chick who wore leather and jeans and boots.... My mother was mad, but I wore a guns n roses shirt and black boots. I think we should celebrate their lives, not their death.

My brother was mad at me cause I wanted to play rock music at my sis' funeral... he said that they are supposed to be traditional. When I retorted that my sis wasnt traditional, he responded, "yeah she'd a live @#$%ing band there if she could!" Well then guess what... if she would have a live band, it meant she would want the music,.... and I DID blast her rock at the viewing ---- the way SHE would have wanted it.

i truly believe that ALL funerals should be held according to the person's wishes, and clothing/colors should be worn accordingly.
    co-signs That was a wonderful thing to do.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:53 am

If it's appropriate, wear something else. I agree that the life should be celebrated; I want folks to look like peacocks when I go up yonder. My dad asked for loud ass music to be playing the whole time (I guess so he can hear it lol).

Both of my grandmothers wore light pink suits at their own son's funerals (one went on to be buried in that suit, God bless her soul). As the remaining parents, I felt it was very appropriate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:38 pm