CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Nystyle709
Hyacinth Girl
Bluesmama
Supernova
8 posters

Piercing babies' ears

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Piercing babies' ears Empty Piercing babies' ears

Post by Supernova Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:02 am

This seems to be a hot topic for a lot of people but one thing I have noticed, nobody can answer why a baby NEEDS their ears pierced. If culture and tradition aren't a determining factor, what is the purpose other than for mommy to show off her newly customized fashion accessory that doesn't count as a person since it can't be left alone to make its own decisions of if it wants holes punched in its ears? People say 'if they don't like it, they can take them out later', but remember what they say if it ain't broke. Pierced ears aren't going to improve a child's life, so WHY do they need them put in to only take them out later in the first place?
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Piercing babies' ears Empty Re: Piercing babies' ears

Post by Bluesmama Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:26 am

Well, it wasn't an uncommon thing where I grew up. Back then babies often had pierced ears, and I believe my that mother's were pierced, too ~ back in 1913. It was also a cultural thing. So I always thought it looked cute, never found anything wrong or offensive about it.

Mine weren't. But I kinda' wish I had my daughter's pierced as a baby, truthfully. I have two sets of piercings in my lobes and never found either time particularly painful. My niece pierced her baby's. But she herself is full of tattoos from neck to foot ~ THAT is a lot more painful.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:44 am

I have nothing against pierced ears, but I'd be concerned that the baby would at some point, figure out how to pull one of those earring out, pop it in her mouth and swallow it, hence trip to the ER.

I think it would be better to wait until the child is old enough to understand about not putting everything in sight into one's mouth, as so many babies and toddlers do as a natural thing to explore their world.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:28 am

LOL, this shit again? There is absolutely nothing with pierced ears. You don't want your baby's ears pierced, then don't do it. Simple as that.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:08 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:LOL, this shit again? There is absolutely nothing with pierced ears. You don't want your baby's ears pierced, then don't do it. Simple as that.

co-signs
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:55 pm

Shrugs (Oh well…)

Wouldn't be MY idea, but if her mother was bent on it then whatever.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:I have nothing against pierced ears, but I'd be concerned that the baby would at some point, figure out how to pull one of those earring out, pop it in her mouth and swallow it, hence trip to the ER.

I think it would be better to wait until the child is old enough to understand about not putting everything in sight into one's mouth, as so many babies and toddlers do as a natural thing to explore their world.

co-signs
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:13 am

IDK. I'm sure if I had a little girl I would give it a thought because it's cute. Take her to the mall and see how much of a soldier she is LOL.

I didn't get my ears pierced until 4th grade but I remembered being jealous of other girls who had their ears pierced. And because I was impatient, I didn't get them done right and ended up having to have them pierced 4 more times just to get two damn holes--and had infections for years. Off that alone, I probably would get it done early. BUT...I would worry about my child ripping them out her ears.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:22 pm