Have you ever attempted to write a book? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you ever attempted to write a book?

Go down 
+6
Supernova
CeCe
AtownPeep
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Have you ever attempted to write a book? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever attempted to write a book?   Have you ever attempted to write a book? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:07 am

Have you ever attempted to write a book? If so, what was it about and did you ever finish? If you haven't, is this something that you've seriously considered?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever attempted to write a book?   Have you ever attempted to write a book? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:47 am

Have you ever attempted to write a book? TI
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever attempted to write a book?   Have you ever attempted to write a book? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:53 am

Yes I have. I used to write a lot when I was a kid.....up until the age of about 12. I've only gotten up to like 3 chapters, but I've stared and didn't finish quite a few books. They were all about various things. Mostly shit I made up or I had a dream and decided to tell a story from it. It was some pretty good shit for a 9 yr old, I can definitely say that.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever attempted to write a book?   Have you ever attempted to write a book? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:05 am

Between the ages of probably 8 and 20, I used to be big on writing "reviews" of anything I got new (tapes/cds, movies, clothes, games, etc). I would write down my opinions of it in a notebook. I got like 10 of them with nothing but reviews and opinions. I considered going through them and compiling all of those writings into book form, just for my own keepsake.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever attempted to write a book?   Have you ever attempted to write a book? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:31 am

I only wish I possessed that kind of talent.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever attempted to write a book?   Have you ever attempted to write a book? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:18 pm

I've started hundreds of stories, finished one short story, and three novels/novellas.

The short story was sort of a homage/spoof to the silent 'young innocents in peril' type films, had these 2 sisters home alone, robbers try to break into the house, and the girls fight them off through any means they have which includes fireworks, their father's gun, and throwing everything at them but the kitchen sink.

The novels: first one was about a coed prison where a woman disappeared from her cell, somehow wound up in the men's side of the prison insisting somebody had kidnapped her, and after 3 days she was never seen again.

Second one, aliens came to Earth in 1963 to study how the people live after the atom bombs...they become witnesses to the most important events in 20th century history: Kennedy's assassination, the Vietnam war, man landing on the moon, etc. but something goes wrong and they wind up staying on Earth for over 50 years and wonder if their commanders actually sent them down there on a suicide mission.

And the third one: in a small town, a teenaged girl brings to her parents' crumbling B&B, a famous young illusionist who is going to perform at the town's theatre, and all the trouble they get into while trying to maintain his low profile before showtime.

None of which I've yet had the guts to send off to a publisher because I know they could all use some fine tuning first. But these are the ones I have finished, and there are plenty more that will probably never be completed. Other than that I write and have finished a lot of fanfiction for TV shows.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever attempted to write a book?   Have you ever attempted to write a book? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 3:48 pm

I put together a little 54 page illustrated book titled, "Nude Attitude," which is a compilation of my articles that were published in several nudist magazines. In fact, that is why I got my first computer in '95 to do a desk-top publishing. I ran of about a hundred copies and my nudist club sold most for donations. It was a labor of love.

I have had over 200 opinion letters and guest columns that were published over the decades and I have them copied and bound in large binders. Guess that could qualify as a book.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever attempted to write a book?   Have you ever attempted to write a book? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:02 pm

A few years ago I started my life story, fitting in as much detail about anything and everything. This began as a therapeutic project. But I haven't passed age 13 yet, and didn't touch it this year at all. I'm sure I'll resume.

NOT going to be published! If and when it's ever finished, I may read the whole thing, but it will get trashed. I do not want family to read it because my feelings and comments are not spared.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever attempted to write a book?   Have you ever attempted to write a book? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Yeah but didn't make it past the first chapter before I quit. I had fun coming up with characters and scenery, but didn't count dialogue writing being as tedious and technical as it is.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever attempted to write a book?   Have you ever attempted to write a book? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Jason B. wrote:
Yeah but didn't make it past the first chapter before I quit. I had fun coming up with characters and scenery, but didn't count dialogue writing being as tedious and technical as it is.

In '84 I wrote a fairly long piece of erotica called "Passage Letters." It was letters between these two HS best buddies, Bert & Shale (Yep, that's where my name came from) in their young adult travels. That way I could make mistakes in grammer and dialogue because and it was more acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever attempted to write a book?   Have you ever attempted to write a book? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:44 pm

Not yet....but I have written short stories and considered someday spinning them into a longform story (book.)
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever attempted to write a book?   Have you ever attempted to write a book? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Marc™ wrote:
Not yet....but I have written short stories and considered someday spinning them into a longform story (book.)

I hear that, I find the world of publishing short stories to be as confusing as a 3D Rubix Cube. So I figure if they're all in one book it would have to be an easier way to go, and a more likely way to get paid for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever attempted to write a book?   Have you ever attempted to write a book? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever attempted to write a book?
Page 1 of 1