CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Nystyle709
captainbryce
Suzi
wants2laugh
Tony Marino
CeCe
Cheaps
Bluesmama
Supernova
13 posters

Watching the same TV shows/movies over and over

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Watching the same TV shows/movies over and over Empty Watching the same TV shows/movies over and over

Post by Supernova Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:46 am

Can you watch the same movies and the same episodes of TV again and again or once you know the ending do you get tired of it?

I'm always looking for new things to watch but I do like to watch the same reruns over and over and over, my mother, except for traditional things, if we see it once or twice, 'I've seen this one already! What else is on?'
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Watching the same TV shows/movies over and over Empty Re: Watching the same TV shows/movies over and over

Post by Bluesmama Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:04 am

I'm a repeat watcher. And knowing the end to something does not usually spoil it for me.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Watching the same TV shows/movies over and over Empty Re: Watching the same TV shows/movies over and over

Post by Cheaps Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:37 am

Yup, I can watch my favorite tv shows and movies over and over again.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:53 am

I enjoy repeated watchings of shows & movies I like. If it's something I didn't care for once is usually enough. But I can watch until I pretty much know the lines myself.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Depends on what it is. Recently I have watched Clash of the Titans every time I have seen it on!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:47 pm

I repeat... but my mom too hates to see something repeatedly
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:20 pm

I was watching reruns of Third Rock from the Sun yesterday, however I don't often watch reruns any more than I would read the same book twice.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Yes, I'm a repeat watcher for sure! I have certain "favorites" that I watch at least once a year. And then there are those movies or shows where I always miss stuff the first or second time and don't catch it until the repeat viewings. Then there are those confusing, convoluted plots that I can't follow the first time, and only understand the movie the second time I watched it (ie: Mission Impossible, Pulp Fiction, The Matrix Reloaded, etc).
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:09 pm

Do it all the time.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am

Sure I do it a lot. When you're not a big fan of current TV, reruns are your fallback.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:57 am

Jason B. wrote:Sure I do it a lot. When you're not a big fan of current TV, reruns are your fallback.

So true and something I've noticed, ever since I was a kid, I would WATCH some TV but mostly it was just for background noise while I did other things, and that's still true because I don't try to read when I'm seeing something new usually, something I know, that's alright, I'm not going to miss much.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:50 am

Sometimes I do but for the most part I dont look for repeats.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:50 pm

TV shows, yes. But not movies. Once I see it the first time, I'm good. Unless it's a classic with fun sing-a-long moments, like The Little Mermaid or other Disney movies.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:04 pm

Just like there is 'comfort food' there is comfort viewing. Sometimes I will put in a movie that is light and that I particularly like, just for the relaxation of it. Galaxy Quest is one and the newer ones are Easy A, Beastly and I Am Number 4 (OK, infatuated wit Alex Pettifer).

There are others, and sometimes I rewatch movies as a project - like in the next couple of weeks I will likely watch all the Underworld movies in prep for Awakening.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:18 pm

FireIce918 wrote:TV shows, yes. But not movies. Once I see it the first time, I'm good. Unless it's a classic with fun sing-a-long moments, like The Little Mermaid or other Disney movies.

I'm EXACTLY the same way. That's why my DVD/Blu-Ray collection isn't as big as most other people. I will only buy a DVD if I know I'm going to watch that movie more than once. Usually I'll see a flick once, twice at the most, and I'm done with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:47 am