CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Nystyle709
Impact
Cheaps
RedBedroom
wants2laugh
CeCe
Bluesmama
11 posters

Piece O' Shit Cars

Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Piece O' Shit Cars Empty Piece O' Shit Cars

Post by Bluesmama Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Have you ever owned a "piece o' shit car"? If so, what kind of car was it?

And was it so bad that you can relate to the Adam Sandler song below? Volume is a bit muffled, so turn up the volume a little.

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Piece O' Shit Cars Empty Re: Piece O' Shit Cars

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:32 am

Oh yeah, lol mine was red.

Piece O' Shit Cars 20606570002_large
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:37 am

My ex hubby had 2... one was an old plymouth horizon, and the other was an old chrysler new yorker---which im sure that was beautiful in its day---but he insisted on buying it out of the paper for $600 and Im sure it wasnt worth $200! LOL He loved that damn car!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:06 am

I think one of the trucks in our plow truck fleet should be considered as such. This weekend my son was looking at old photos and was speechless when he saw a photo of the truck new!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:33 am

Yes, my very first car, it was like a 70 something car, 4 door, radio. It was horrible, stalled out everywhere. Friends and family named her Weezy. Smile
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:39 am

Well, my first husband and I had a 69 Buick Riviera and it was a gas hog. And it was almost like driving one of those storm-chaser cars. Had a wreck that almost totalled it (last time I ever drove), then about a year later a couple of drunks in a pickup rammed into the front end. It looked like hell since and had all kinds of problems. We put more money into that piece o' shit until he finally got rid of it.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:45 am

Yeah my first car was a piece of shit. A 1989 Burgundy Ford Tempo that LOOKED great but ran like a handicapped turtle.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Yep. '89 Grand Am. I drove the hell out of it though. Know what...I can't even call it a true piece of shit. It was a decent car when it was running. Granted, the tranny went and I couldn't go into reverse for months, but I STILL drove that car around for a good six months after that. That's called skills, lol.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Oh God, yes. I have had several cars that were pieces of shit. In fact, my last one turned into one and I had to get rid of it. My first car was a lemon as well.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:09 am

Of all the fears, moving back to Michigan is one. We have two really clean rust free cars here and when we get back to Michigan, we will be shopping for two POS cars to drive in the winter..
    But I have owned some pickem ups that were or should have been DOA. Sides of the beds that shook when the truck bounced, holes in the floor boards so big when I hit a pouddle the water soaked my feet, and doors that really didn't have to be closed because they were so rusty the wind and rain just flowed into the cab. Gosh I miss that truck.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:16 am

Love the entries on here. Just what I expected ~ lots of fond trips down Memory Lane with a piece o' shit car people loved. (Though I did NOT love that Riviera after awhile!)

I never saw it but my first husband was notorious for driving a very delapidated Mustang back in the early-70's. He probably abused it, too, until it just died forever. But he worshipped that car (which I'm sure was a damn good car until felt victim to his maniacal driving).
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:16 pm

I guess my first car, a 57 Chevy 6-banger was a piece of shit, but HEY, it was my first car and I loved it.

I actually took the engine apart and replaced the rings, but the cylinders were scored and the rings promptly broke leaving me with a 50-weight-reprocessed-oil eating car that left blue smoke in its wake. Ironically, it was an oil line break on a long country road that finally killed it.

Piece O' Shit Cars Rob57chev1966

My other POS car was my beloved 56 Ford. Got it from a service buddy for $50. It had a V-8 and Holley 4-barrel carburetor that leaked gas & I had to stick a rag in 2 barrels to choke start it. But it would move once running. It lasted a few months before throwing a rod on the Interstate going back to Fort Meade a day after this pic was taken at Camp LeJeune. Rust In Peace.

Piece O' Shit Cars Rob56ford66

Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:15 pm

Shale wrote:I guess my first car, a 57 Chevy 6-banger was a piece of shit, but HEY, it was my first car and I loved it.

I actually took the engine apart and replaced the rings, but the cylinders were scored and the rings promptly broke leaving me with a 50-weight-reprocessed-oil eating car that left blue smoke in its wake. Ironically, it was an oil line break on a long country road that finally killed it.

Piece O' Shit Cars Rob57chev1966

My other POS car was my beloved 56 Ford. Got it from a service buddy for $50. It had a V-8 and Holley 4-barrel carburetor that leaked gas & I had to stick a rag in 2 barrels to choke start it. But it would move once running. It lasted a few months before throwing a rod on the Interstate going back to Fort Meade a day after this pic was taken at Camp LeJeune. Rust In Peace.

Piece O' Shit Cars Rob56ford66

LOVE them '57 Chevys, though! Coolest cars ever made!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:18 pm

My first car was a piece of shit....1990 Ford Taurus that was 10 years old when I got it. Had some good times in that car though....but yeah, piece of shit that had problems. Every few weeks was something new.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:09 pm

My first car was a 83 Dodge 400. It was such a POS that the DMV did not even recognize it as a model--they said the 400 was a series not a model name. I had to get an affadavit from a dodge dealer stating it was infact a model. It was so sucky that when i made left turns the radio station changed and shampooing the rugs brought up nothing but rust! a sensor was broken so a chime often beeped constantly as if a door was ajar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:38 am