CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Cheaps
Supernova
Tony Marino
Chris
8 posters

Do you think your personality translates well to the written word?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you think your personality translates well to the written word? Empty Do you think your personality translates well to the written word?

Post by Chris Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Do you think your your writing/texts accurately captures your offline personality?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Do you think your personality translates well to the written word? Empty Re: Do you think your personality translates well to the written word?

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:57 pm

Somewhat Yes.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do you think your personality translates well to the written word? Empty Re: Do you think your personality translates well to the written word?

Post by Supernova Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:14 pm

It can I think.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:40 pm

I think so.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:45 pm

One of the real problems with the written word is that it's more difficult to understand the context. You can't see expression or hear inflection or tone. So you sometimes might think the person is being a jerk or angry when that's not the case. That's one of the reasons the emoticons came about. But it still can be hard at times. For me, I think it's better with texting. I tend to text with a little similarity to my speech pattern. And with texting the conversation is going back & forth so anything in question can be dealt with in real time rather than hours later. It's not quite as easy (at least for me) when just writing a post.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:23 pm

For the most part I think so.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:59 pm

LOL. Oh yeah.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:03 pm

No, I don't think it does at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:45 am