CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Bluesmama
Supernova
wants2laugh
7 posters

Cheap people

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Cheap people Empty Cheap people

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:02 am

I hate cheap people. I hate people who have kids, then do not permit them to do anything. another thread reminded me of a friend's father. When we were kids, he would buy a 2 liter bottle of soda, then draw lines on the side of the bottle with the day of the week on them. You could only drink enough to that day's line to make the bottle last a week. I remember once a bunch of us were at her house after school and her dad came home and screamed "What the hell is that???" We all jumped thinking he saw a mouse or something, and he grabbed an empty cookie bag out of the trash--- "That bag was supposed to last three more days!"

One another day, he insisted that we go to BK and order plain hamburgers cause he said that he wasnt wasting 10 cents on cheese that he could ad when we got home. He was one of the most controlling people i ever met!

As an adult I dated a guy similar. His kids liked a kool aid type of drink. There was very little left in the pitcher and a new group of kids came in, so i dumped the remainder (literally it would have been like 2oz) and I began washing the pitcher to make a new batch. He flipped out on me screaming that i was wasting money!!! I threw him a quarter and told him "There, that should pay for a whole pack!" it was ridiculous.

Are people really like this in the real world? Am I just over sensitive to it? Or do others find this behavior annoying?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Cheap people Empty Re: Cheap people

Post by Supernova Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:19 am

Oh man if I had to put up with somebody like that I'd probably kill them. And I thought I was cheap, these mofos make me look like John D. Rockefeller.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:31 am

I think that goes beyond 'cheap'. The first guy described sounds like he was ocd as well. This all borders on a sickeness, as far as I'm concerned.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:37 am

one time the friend's dad had taken her to south carolina from NJ. He always traveled with a coin jar for tolls. He forgot the jar in the hotel in SC, and drove like an hour back to get the jar. he wasted more in gas than what was in the jar!!!!! what a jerk
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:52 am

Oh yeah people like this definitely exist lol
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:02 am

Ppl lose focus, like the guy wasting more gas than the money he retrieved was worth. I know ppl who comparison shop and get a few bucks less on the item, but never realize how much time and gas they spent getting it.

I live on Miami Beach where prices are often higher than on the mainland but many times I just pay the higher price here because it is more efficient and ultimately less expensive than traveling to the 'cheaper' stores.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:18 am

This guy is way over the top. That's just crazy control. Bet those kids can't wait until they're old enough to get out of there.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Its most annoying!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:43 am

It's one thing to be economical and not be wasteful but I agree that there could be some underlying mental issues when taken too far.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:25 am