CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Cheaps
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Shale
Bluesmama
CeCe
Nystyle709
Supernova
12 posters

Your thoughts on breast implants?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Your thoughts on breast implants? Empty Your thoughts on breast implants?

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Everybody knows what it's like to find something wrong in their appearance, some people try to live with it and others try to change it. But personally I have a problem with the idea of needing these Your thoughts on breast implants? Saline-implants-1 to feel whole, like a real woman or whatever.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Your thoughts on breast implants? Empty Re: Your thoughts on breast implants?

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:13 pm

It'll be a bitch when they leak.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:16 pm

I think people should do whatever makes them happy with their own money if it doesn't harm anyone else. If they keep wanting them bigger & bigger like the reality show woman from a while back whose name escapes me, then there are some other issues going on & they probably need some kind of help. I don't want them but if they make other people happy then good for them. Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:47 pm

If a woman's self-esteem is significantly altered by her flat chest then implants could help her tremendously as long as her expectations are realistic. I had a young co-worker who finally bought fake boobs but they were a nice moderate size. She looked better without looking like a charicature.

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:04 pm

I have never been one of those guys into Guernsey size breast that were so popular with Playboy a couple decades ago. Just a handful is all I need on a woman. Don’t even need that if her pecs are well developed but admittedly I can get off on a well rounded male chest as much as breasts.

However, it is up to the woman to enhance her image if she can and wants to.

Tho some women do quite well without breasts.

Your thoughts on breast implants? Keira-knightley-47

Your thoughts on breast implants? Keira-knightley-108
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:08 pm

For pure vanity? Shrugs (Oh well…) But I think insurance should pay for women who've undergone mastectomies.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:59 pm

I don't mind it for someone else but I wouldn't do it.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:36 am

To each his own, or should I say her own.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:43 am

I dont have a problem with women & implants... unfortunately, I often find them to look unnatural---and i find that less attractive than the smaller breasts.

i had considered a reduction when i was 18, but when i saw how they do it, i was like "NO WAY!"
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:52 am

wants2laugh wrote:I dont have a problem with women & implants... unfortunately, I often find them to look unnatural---and i find that less attractive than the smaller breasts.

i had considered a reduction when i was 18, but when i saw how they do it, i was like "NO WAY!"

Probably one of the biggest controversies about the reduction surgery, IS it true they remove the nipples during the procedure?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:53 am

yep.. they put them on ice... and if there are complications, can't be put back on due to the lack of oxygen flow.

There are now 3 different ways to complete the surgery... only one requires the complete removal of the nipples... but I wasn't taking any chances!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:59 am

Ho-ly-crap!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:18 am

No nipples?! Those little bumps around the areola are braille for "suck here". Besides, you'd be walking around like a Barbie doll.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:30 pm

wants2laugh wrote:I dont have a problem with women & implants... unfortunately, I often find them to look unnatural---and i find that less attractive than the smaller breasts.

co-signs
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:41 pm

To each her own, but I wouldn't do it. That "coconuts superglued to an ironing board" look isn't one that I find desirable.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:51 pm

Well, this is a topic near and dear to my heart--literally!

To start: yes, insurance does pay for implants after a mastectomy--mine cost $43,000. Also, the newer style implants don't leak, as they're made of gummy-like gel.

www.cohesiveimplants.com <---those are the ones I have.

As far as looking unnatural, yes, if you go too big for your frame, you will. Or also in my case, I have no tissue around the right one, so that side has the "coconut" look, but the left one looks very natural.

And for educational purposes only, I'm going to post a link so you can get an idea of what a reconstruct looks like. This is me, and I did this photo about a year ago, shortly after I was reconstructed and my hair was still growing back in, too:

Edit: link removed.

I've snapped photos all during and after my cancer journey, as a timeline for myself to look back on someday, but figured since this topic came up, I might as well put up the link (which will be promptly removed tomorrow morning, so enjoy it while you can!)

But being serious regarding the photo--if you compare "sides" you can see the difference between the right (which is on your left, looking at the photo) and the left.

Aside from having had to get implants out of necessity, I see nothing wrong with them--if it makes you feel good, do it! You only live once.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:18 am