CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Marc™
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Supernova
8 posters

People who go outside to talk on the phone

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

People who go outside to talk on the phone Empty People who go outside to talk on the phone

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Anybody else not get this? Apparently because everybody has cell phones now, when they're on the phone and don't want their kids or their family to overhear them, they instead go out on the front porch and TELL THE WHOLE BLOCK their private business instead.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

People who go outside to talk on the phone Empty Re: People who go outside to talk on the phone

Post by CeCe Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Sometimes people are trying to avoid being rude by talking on their phone in front of family or friends. Sometimes it's just a private conversation. Unless they have it on speaker anyone else standing around will only overhear one side. But if someone is having a conversation, even if I don't know them I try to move away. Cells are just a fact of life these days. People are going to be on them no matter where you go.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

People who go outside to talk on the phone Empty Re: People who go outside to talk on the phone

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Yeah well they ought to revive that fine art of locking yourself in the bathroom for privacy.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:15 pm

How in the name of Alexander Graham Bell is this a problem for you? You think people should retreat to the bathroom for privacy when they're on the phone? Maybe until you have to use the facilities and then it'll be, "why do these people have to use the bathroom to make a phone call?!"
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:32 pm

When I go outside I don't want to be able to hear the neighbors yelling at their exes or whoever because they're parading around on the front porch screaming at the top of their lungs because they don't want their kids to hear them.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:18 am

confused Is the whole block on their porch?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:58 am

Wha? Since when has it become a problem to step outside to use the phone? It's considered a courtesy.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:21 am

i always used to go outside to talk on my cell cause my mom is just plain nosey!

if i saw other people around, i would go sit in my car and do it
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:12 pm

If what she's talking about is neighbors yelling into their phones so loud that their conversations are no longer private (something she didn't initially make clear) then I'll say OK. We live near people who do that sometimes but we also have creative ways with dealing with them.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Like what, Alan?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Who cares as long as I don't have to listen to their idiotic conversations.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:36 pm

One example would be to say loud enough for them to hear me (as if I'm talking to my wife), "Hold it a sec Hon, I want to hear what the 'asshole' did next." Or whatever the conversation was about.

Don't get mad. Don't get even. Get way ahead.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:21 pm

I think it is responsible to keep such conversations from the kids. I would think a careless person would worry more about what the neighbors think than their kids being privy to the ranting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:21 am