CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Suzi
Shale
Alan Smithee
zthatzmanz28
Forgiveness Man
Bluesmama
Supernova
11 posters

If you could, would you trade places with Jesus during the crucifixion?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

If you could, would you trade places with Jesus during the crucifixion? Empty If you could, would you trade places with Jesus during the crucifixion?

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:34 am

Another debate that's going round and round and coming up nowhere. One guy says it wasn't a sacrifice because Jesus didn't stay dead, and that 3 days is nothing. I disagree...people consider being dead even half an hour to be a big deal all these times people die and come back (oh but really it's only NEAR death no matter how long they don't show any vitals d-oh!). And maybe it's just me, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall anybody saying what DID happen to Jesus for those 3 days that He was dead. The idea is He died for our sins, what if then for those three days He suffered for the sins of anybody who had lived and ever would? 3 days of that, no thank you, I would NOT want to trade places with Him. But this guy disagrees saying 3 days of sleep is nothing, except I reply DEATH IS NOT SLEEP, DEATH IS DEATH, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. And then you consider everything before His death when He was tortured and nailed to the cross, who would seriously say 'I'd do that'? Nobody I know, anybody else?
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

If you could, would you trade places with Jesus during the crucifixion? Empty Re: If you could, would you trade places with Jesus during the crucifixion?

Post by Bluesmama Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Three days is nothing??? Gee, why do I get the strong hunch that THEY wouldn't think so if they were nailed to a cross with nothing to hold them up but a tiny sloped platform???

Some religions believe Jesus descended into Hell for those three days but I, myself, do not accept that because He had no reason to be there. I'm more inclined to think that he may have ascended into Heaven while lying in a comatose state and was returned for more work to do. And many believe that He journeyed on to spread the word.

And, no, I can't see myself hanging by hands on the cross, although I suppose I might if I believed in something strong enough to not denounce it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

If you could, would you trade places with Jesus during the crucifixion? Empty Re: If you could, would you trade places with Jesus during the crucifixion?

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:36 pm

That's probably the more likely explanation for what happened for those 3 days, and He knew what was coming, so He probably knew what to expect, but we don't know and we probably wouldn't know and I personally would not want to take a chance on it either.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Well, it's been taught as to what Jesus was doing while he was dead. I don't think the "being dead" is considered the sacrifice as much as the dying part. All of the suffering and the actual dying. Heck no I'd never wanna trade places with him. He died one of the most painful deaths possible to mankind, and that's only looking at it from a physical standpoint. To try and downplay what Jesus did is really to speak from ignorance.

And BTW, the "he descended into hell" part is typically misunderstood. Nobody teaches that he descended to the hell of the damned. He went to the place where the righteous dead were waiting for the gates of heaven to be re-opened after they were closed due to the sin of A&E.(The couple, not the network. Razz )
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Why? I would not have the same ability that jesus is said to have. My death would benefit no one. Is this a debate to determine who amongst us would lay down their life for another?

It's not like the "WOuld you have killed hitler when he was a chld if you went back and knew what he was going to do?" nonsense question.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:31 pm

Some cynical son of a bitch might say that his sacrifice was somewhat tainted. Not because he didn't suffer enough agony on the cross if that's what in fact happened but because he knew that a great heavenly reward awaited him. Not like he was going to die for the sins of the world and then be denied the glory to sit at the right hand of God.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:19 pm

But for 3 days He was abandoned by His Father, I can't even imagine what that must've been like.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:48 am

After this we can debate how many angels can stand on the head of a pin. Blue Cool
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:58 am

no
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Nope. I ain't dying for nobody.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:27 pm

No I don't think I would want to suffer such a horrible death.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:15 am

No. I'd rather just be eternally grateful that he died the way he did for my sins.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Nope. I ain't dying for nobody.

Because you don't have kids yet.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

OH, SNAP!!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

clapping Spoken like a true parent.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:15 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Well, having kids wouldn't make me change my mind. Let me rephrase the answer: I ain't dying for nobody. big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Well, having kids wouldn't make me change my mind. Let me rephrase the answer: I ain't dying for nobody. big grin

Shrugs (Oh well…) OK mommy dearest. I'd still like to revisit this question if you ever do become a mother.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:35 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

If you could, would you trade places with Jesus during the crucifixion? 2517814472 OK mommy dearest. I'd still like to revisit this question if you ever do become a mother.

LOL, Mommy Dearest....really? I said I ain't dying for nobody. People who commits sins that I don't even know are nobodies. I'm not that lovable. My family are somebodies.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:17 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

People who commits sins that I don't even know are nobodies. I'm not that lovable.

And that is the difference between (wo)man and God.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:18 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

LOL, Mommy Dearest....really? I said I ain't dying for nobody. People who commits sins that I don't even know are nobodies. I'm not that lovable. My family are somebodies.

Sorry but you failed to make that distinction when you wrote, "I ain't dying for nobody" or when you rephrased it to "I ain't dying for nobody."
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Supernova wrote:

And that is the difference between (wo)man and God.

For real?! I had no idea! Then why would you even ask the question of who would trade places with Jesus during crucifixion? Any MAN is not God. And who really wants to be?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:01 pm

I'm just saying. Obviously NOBODY would want to trade places, so where some people would come off thinking 'oh ANYBODY would trade places with Him because 3 days is nothing', you have to wonder how people come to a conclusion like that.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Sorry but you failed to make that distinction when you wrote, "I ain't dying for nobody" or when you rephrased it to "I ain't dying for nobody."

I did make the distinction when I rephrased it, I italicized "nobody". If it was unclear then, it should be clear now. And if you ask me the question again if I do become a mother, I assure you I will give you the EXACT same reply. Althoughi don't think either distinction was warranted to peg me as "Mommy Dearest" big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:22 am