CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
Supernova
7 posters

Have you ever been to a hockey game?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Have you ever been to a hockey game? Empty Have you ever been to a hockey game?

Post by Supernova Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:39 am

If I ever went to one and had a seat near the front, I would wear a helmet or something. You don't hear too often about people dying at these games but today on MSN there was another story about another teenager who got hit in the head with one and died...when you've got something going 90, 100 miles an hour and it has a tendency to jump out into the audience, if I was going to have a ringside seat to that I would definitely be wearing something for protection. Hell if it looks stupid, so long as it works.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Have you ever been to a hockey game? Empty Re: Have you ever been to a hockey game?

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:53 am

Before I wore a helmet to a hockey game, I would get a seat in the nose-bleed/cheap seats section.

I am actually surprised people die from getting hit with a puck. I have only been to youth games, but a couple have been at bigger venues and I never thought of that.

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Have you ever been to a hockey game? Empty Re: Have you ever been to a hockey game?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:04 am

There's probably more risk at a baseball game depending on where you sit and I've been to plenty of those. There are warning signs posted. Besides. Was this a fan or a player who died? I'd like to see the story.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:13 am

yep and I am not even a hockey fan.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:55 am

Will never be a place to see a hockey game like the old Olympia Stadium in Detroit. The place rocked...Chicago's stadium might had been a close second since it was the sister stadium to the old Olympia...but it was razed in 1995.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:32 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Before I wore a helmet to a hockey game, I would get a seat in the nose-bleed/cheap seats section.

I am actually surprised people die from getting hit with a puck. I have only been to youth games, but a couple have been at bigger venues and I never thought of that.

co-signs These fluke things happen. Like Alan said, there's probably more risk at a baseball game. Once a piece broke off at a monster truck rally, flew into the crowd & killed a child. These things are rare & wouldn't make me afraid to go. You're probably just as likely to be hurt or killed on the way there or back on the highway.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:56 am

I did go to a fight one time and a hockey game broke out *rimshot*
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:01 am

Nope

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 pm