Are people responsible for their own misery? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are people responsible for their own misery?

Go down 
+6
Nystyle709
Shale
CeCe
Tony Marino
Supernova
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Are people responsible for their own misery? Empty
PostSubject: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:20 pm

Do you know any people who you could describe as 'miserable?' If so, in your opinion, how much of it is their own fault/choice?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:27 pm

My grandmother, and yes it is all of her own doing that she is miserable. Stephen King couldn't put enough pages together to detail the hows and whys of her miserable life and I'm not sure where to begin, but it all does come back to her because she's had 93 years to get her act together and she never has.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Yes I know several miserable people and most of the time it is their fault for being that way. Sometimes there are situations that can't be helped where people fall into miserable situations and can't get out of them whether its due to an obligation or just inflicted upon them. Those are the ones I feel sorry for.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:56 pm

It entirely depends on their situation. Sometimes it's their own fault & other times it's completely unavoidable.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 2:06 pm

^^ What she said.

But there are some ppl who wallow in their self-misery. Probably some psych pathology.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:09 pm

Yes and no.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:32 pm

I know at least one person who could be happier if they let themselves.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:55 am

CeCe wrote:
It entirely depends on their situation. Sometimes it's their own fault & other times it's completely unavoidable.

I agree. And unfortunately for me and mine, the misery I went/goin thru, is entirely my fault and could have been avoided.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:42 am

Cheaps wrote:

I agree. And unfortunately for me and mine, the misery I went/goin thru, is entirely my fault and could have been avoided.

big hugz hope it gets better soon!
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:22 am

CeCe wrote:

big hugz hope it gets better soon!

Thanks CeCE! bear hug Slowly but surely, it is.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:19 am

Yes, and it's completely their doing. It's all about choice. Miserable people choose to be miserable, just like a happy person chooses to be happy. Nobody is responsible for making you feel some type of way all the time other than yourself.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Quote :
Miserable people choose to be miserable, just like a happy person chooses to be happy.
I tend to agree with that. However there are times when people are made miserable through no fault of their own. I am thinking for instance of people who lose family members in say, a tornado as just happened a couple of weeks ago. The survivors sure aren't happy you can bet. They can choose then to wallow in their misery or find some way to be happy again as they move on with life.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 1:51 am

Suzi wrote:

I tend to agree with that. However there are times when people are made miserable through no fault of their own. I am thinking for instance of people who lose family members in say, a tornado as just happened a couple of weeks ago. The survivors sure aren't happy you can bet. They can choose then to wallow in their misery or find some way to be happy again as they move on with life.

I can completely understand that, and I sure wouldn't blame them for having a moment or two.

But you also hit on what's key--they can choose to wallow in misery or move on with life. Of course moving on isn't easy in tragic situations. My whole thing is how the adversity is handled. They can either choose to make other people miserable with them, or realize that other people have nothing to do with the situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are people responsible for their own misery?   Are people responsible for their own misery? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are people responsible for their own misery?
Page 1 of 1