CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Marc™
Impact
JM130ELM
MandyPerfumeGirl
Chris
Supernova
femme fatale
11 posters

Which do you prefer: Hardcover or paperback?

Poll

Which do you prefer

[ 3 ]
    Which do you prefer: Hardcover or paperback? Bar_left43%Which do you prefer: Hardcover or paperback? Bar_right [43%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Which do you prefer: Hardcover or paperback? Bar_left57%Which do you prefer: Hardcover or paperback? Bar_right [57%] 

Total Votes: 7
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Which do you prefer: Hardcover or paperback? Empty Which do you prefer: Hardcover or paperback?

Post by femme fatale Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:12 pm

I prefer either; I don't really care. If I truly love the book or I've been anticipating it, I'll buy it in hardcover. If it's a book I want to read, and will probably read it again, but I don't hold it in high regards as the other said reads, then I would probably buy the paperback version.

What about you?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Which do you prefer: Hardcover or paperback? Empty Re: Which do you prefer: Hardcover or paperback?

Post by Supernova Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:02 pm

I generally don't care so long as I get the book...hardbacks are nice and kind of fancy, but paperbacks take up less space, their spines are easier to break in, and the pocket size ones fit in my pocket which come in REAL handy while waiting in the dentist's office for an hour.

On a side note, with hardbacks and paperbacks...on Amazon somebody is selling a copy of the Ghostbusters movie novelization for about $96, can you believe that? BUT, that's the hardcover, the paperback is available for like one cent. And it was announced that The Making of Rebel Without a Cause is going to be re-released soon, or maybe already has, and sell for $35, while the one that's already out on Amazon sells for $45, BUT, the one that just now has come out is the PAPERBACK, the $45 one is the hardcover.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Which do you prefer: Hardcover or paperback? Empty Re: Which do you prefer: Hardcover or paperback?

Post by Chris Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:43 am

I like hardcovers, because they generally fit better on the shelf.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:54 pm

I prefer paperback because they're cheaper and the left side of the book stretches out more so I can see it better. Picky I know, but I wouldn't be me if I was laidback!
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Which do you prefer: Hardcover or paperback? Empty Hard cover or Paperback

Post by JM130ELM Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:08 am

I prefer hard covers. I'm really not a fan of paperbacks, because the covers start to atrophy in time. I have several old novels that I had a hard cover of that I would like to replace, but today only exist in paperback. I just don't like them.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:11 am

I like them both but I prefer paperbacks because they're lighter, they usually make up most of the pocket books so they take up less room, and when I buy second hand, I LOVE the feel of a well used paperback, it's hard to describe.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:41 am

Paperback every time. Hardbacks irk my hands, are annoying to carry and even if they look good in the beginning, eventually the covers get destroyed. It really bugs me when I have to wait many months for the paperback version.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:57 pm

I like hardcovers more....they look more upscale, "serious", and fit better on a bookcase shelf.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:29 pm

Paperback. They're easier to read IMO.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:40 pm

I think hard covers are generally more duable and as Marc said they look better on a bookcase but they're too pricey unless it's something I can't wait for to come out in paperback.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:07 am

If it's a book that I feel fairly confident that I will like, then I will go ahead and get the hardcover. If it it something that just seems interesting, I will pick up the paperback. If I wind up enjoying it, I may look for the hardcover edition later on. Hardcover books, IMO, are for preservation of tales that I consider timeless.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:02 pm

Hardcover. But if I am buying the book, I will go for cheapest available.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm