CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
CeCe
Cheaps
Chris
7 posters

My Sister Sam

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

My Sister Sam Empty My Sister Sam

Post by Chris Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:49 am

My Sister Sam 250px-My_sis_sam

Anybody remember My Sister Sam, with Pam Dawber and the late Rebecca Schaeffer?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

My Sister Sam Empty Re: My Sister Sam

Post by Cheaps Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:00 am

I don't remember this one.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:07 am

I really didn't like the show but what happened to Rebecca Schaeffer was horrible. This is every celebrity's nightmare.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:41 am

Nope.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:34 pm

It sounds so familiar, but I just can't place it. I looked up the actress just now to see what you guys were talking about what had happened to her. Wow...that is terrible.

From Wiki:

On July 18, 1989, Schaeffer was murdered by Robert John Bardo, an obsessed fan who had been stalking her for three years.[4] Bardo had become fixated on Schaeffer after his previous fixation, child peace activist Samantha Smith, died in an airplane crash in 1985.[5] Bardo wrote several letters to Schaeffer, one of which was answered by an employee from Schaeffer's fan service. In 1987, Bardo traveled to Los Angeles in an attempt to see Schaeffer at the My Sister Sam set, but was turned away by CBS Television City security. Angry, he returned a month later armed with a knife but again security guards prevented him from gaining access to the actress. Bardo returned to his native Tucson and forgot about Schaeffer for a while; he became preoccupied by pop singers Debbie Gibson and Tiffany.[6]

In 1989, after viewing Schaeffer's film Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills, in which she appeared in bed with a male actor, Bardo became enraged and decided that Schaeffer should be punished for becoming "another Hollywood whore."[7] Having read that Theresa Saldana's stalker, Arthur Richard Jackson, had obtained Saldana's address through a private investigator, Bardo approached a Tucson detective agency and paid them $250 to get Schaeffer's home address through California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) records.[8][9] Bardo's brother helped him get a handgun because he was underage (Bardo was then 19).[10]

Bardo then traveled to Los Angeles for a third time and, after locating Schaeffer's apartment, wandered the neighborhood asking passersby if Schaeffer actually lived there. Confident that the address was correct, he rang the doorbell.[11] Schaeffer, who was preparing for an audition for a role in The Godfather III, answered the door.[12][13] Bardo showed Schaeffer the letter and autograph she had previously sent him and, after a brief conversation, Schaeffer asked Bardo not to come to her home again. The two shook hands and Bardo left. He then walked to a local diner and ate breakfast. An hour later, Bardo returned to Schaeffer's apartment for a second time.[11] Schaeffer answered the door again with "a cold look on her face," Bardo later said.[4] Bardo pulled out a gun from a brown paper bag and shot her once at point-blank range in the chest in the doorway of her apartment building.[14] Schaeffer screamed and collapsed in her doorway as Bardo fled. A neighbor phoned paramedics, who arrived to transport her to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Schaeffer was pronounced dead 30 minutes after her arrival. The following day, Bardo was arrested in Tucson, after motorists reported a man darting through traffic on Interstate 10. He immediately confessed to the murder.[15]

Bardo was tried by prosecutor Marcia Clark, who later became famous for her role in the O.J. Simpson trial. Convicted of capital murder in a bench trial, Bardo was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.[16]

Following Schaeffer's murder and Saldana's assault, California laws regarding the release of personal information through the DMV were drastically changed. The Driver's Privacy Protection Act was enacted in 1994, which prevents the DMV from releasing private addresses.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Nope.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:23 am

I didn't watch the show but I knew about the murder.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 2:10 pm