Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it?

Go down 
+2
Cheaps
Kral
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it? Empty
PostSubject: Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it?   Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:12 am

My question is, have you done it, held your child back, and how did it work out, both with grades and socially? If you were you held back, what kind of impact did it make on your life?

If your son or daughters school wanted to hold them back would you allow it or fight for them to be promoted to the next grade?

Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it?   Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:57 am

I'd probably weigh out the pros and cons first, then decide what was best.

No I was never held back.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it?   Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 am

You know, even so far back as to my grandmother's time and she's 93, nobody we ever knew who was held back a grade EVER prospered because of it, but I don't know what the answer is since what good is passing them onto another grade when they don't know anything about the one they've spent the last year in?
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it?   Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:15 pm

My youngest daughter was physically more mature than her peers, the school wanted to bump her up a grade from grade school to Jr High . I refused because it was the middle of the year. She had a hard time making friends as it was, then to be the youngest in the class and dropped in mid year seemed to me the wrong thing to do to her. I didn't realize that most of the adults in the school thought she was older than she was until when she got her last report card, and would be going on to Jr Hi comments were made to her that she "finally made it". Fortunately she caught the "finally" and let them know how old she was. It was better for her to move on to Jr Hi with kids she already knew.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it?   Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Nope
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it?   Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Don't have any kids to do it to, never been held back and I wouldn't hold my kids back. I would let them go to the next grade and work on it from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it?   Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it?
Page 1 of 1