Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?

Go down 
+4
Jason B.
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
TSJFan4Ever
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? Empty
PostSubject: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Today watching Rex run around and play detective, all I could think about was how much like a little boy he seemed - a little boy playing at being detective. Gigi with her "Yo yo" greeting? and then "where are you going" in that whiny little voice when Rex told her he was going... wherever it was. She sounds like a teenager. Rex and that case? He's like a little kid with his "banky" - that's what my friend's toddler calls his fav. blanket that goes EVERYWHERE with him. It seems like no matter what storyline Gex are giving, FF and JPL play it like they're a couple of teenagers. Gex are childish and immature. It's like TPTB are tryign to make them hip and cool and failing miserably - you know that stage kids go through where they try and act really mature and end up looking all the more immature? That's how I feel with Gex. at best, Rex is like this goofy kid running around pretending to be an adult and Gigi isn't much better.

Last edited by TSJFan4Ever on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:33 pm

Rex has always been immature. IDK how you see Gigi as immature. Seriously, after days of watching Charlie/Viki/Dorian/David act like children, I don't see how anybody can possibly label GIGI as childish. Frankly, I see her as one of the most mature characters on the show.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Too bad Gigi didn't get a one way ticket to Xanadu.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:38 pm

That would have been awesome, Tony Marino - lol! Maybe we can all chip in. This is one character who just gets worse with each passing year, and she wasn't all that great to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:39 pm

How about we ship half of the cast there instead? Or we can compromise, send Rex and keep Gigi/Shane! Razz
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Oh yeah half the cast can go but I especially want Gigi gone, I used to like her at one time but when the whole Stacy fiasco broke out, I could not stand her anymore. I do like Shane and would like him to stay.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:41 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
That would have been awesome, Tony Marino - lol! Maybe we can all chip in. This is one character who just gets worse with each passing year, and she wasn't all that great to begin with.

The Hair in the eye started it!
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:44 pm

LOL - for me, it went downhill with Gigi as soon as they paired her with Rex. 1968 was the final nail in the coffin for me and after that, anything Gigi-related was beyond painful. Shane can stay. He can go live with Viki, seeing as how she's always taking in waifs and strays - lol. Gex can go off and... I don't know - get lost in the Amazon jungle and meet some head hunters.

The hair in the eye? I must have blocked out that painful memory!
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Gigi is fine. But at least we agree that Shane should stay. The kid is a talented actor and needs a story. I think the idea that kids in a story can't be interesting to adults is hogwash; just make the story interesting. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:11 pm

John I can somewhat understand, even if I personally don't like him. Michael Easton is a popular actor in the genre and has a notable resume. Rex and Cristian, I just don't get why the show has always been so hellbent on keeping these two around. It's as if they see them as these bankable commodities to their target demo, but why?
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Yeah - I don't get that about Rex or Cristian, either. I'm not at all interested in either of them and having Rex and Gigi on every day for days on end last summer was what really made me take a serious break from OLTL. I basically stopped watching during 1968 and was barely watching during the cancer storyline and again with the whole Stacey fiasco.
Back to top Go down
gmruss4
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
gmruss4

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Don't know but I get sick of the teens but I enjoy watching them more than these two.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:35 pm

Yeah - I'd take the teens over Gex any day, and given how much I hate stale, that's saying something. Gex parallel John in terms of most hated for me.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:14 am

gmruss4 wrote:
Don't know but I get sick of the teens but I enjoy watching them more than these two.
To each their own I guess; the teens are largely much more useless than Balsco. Razz
Back to top Go down
aublack40
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
aublack40

Female
Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:31 am

because they have turn oltl into disney lite. golly gee lets go solve a mystery. my child has been missing for 24 hrs where could they be?
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:56 am

^^^^That sounds like the entire show. Razz I think alot of Balsco's horribleness is due to preexisting bias. Cause nothing that people have said about them isn't true for 95% of the show.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:40 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
LOL - for me, it went downhill with Gigi as soon as they paired her with Rex. 1968 was the final nail in the coffin for me and after that, anything Gigi-related was beyond painful. Shane can stay. He can go live with Viki, seeing as how she's always taking in waifs and strays - lol. Gex can go off and... I don't know - get lost in the Amazon jungle and meet some head hunters.

The hair in the eye? I must have blocked out that painful memory!

Yeah it started when she cut her hair short and her bangs would hang over her left eye, it was most annoying and she was annoying.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:42 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
Gigi is fine. But at least we agree that Shane should stay. The kid is a talented actor and needs a story. I think the idea that kids in a story can't be interesting to adults is hogwash; just make the story interesting. Razz

I always liked Shane and his sassy mouth, he makes a perfect son for Rex, sort of like Jack and Todd.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:55 am

Tony Marino wrote:
I always liked Shane and his sassy mouth, he makes a perfect son for Rex, sort of like Jack and Todd.
I've never considered Shane that sassy unless somebody insulted his mama. FORGIVENESS MAN (Yeah he does mouth off sometimes but that's kids today) I actually wrote a story for Gigi/Shane and turned it into my third novel. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
I've never considered Shane that sassy unless somebody insulted his mama. FORGIVENESS MAN (Yeah he does mouth off sometimes but that's kids today) I actually wrote a story for Gigi/Shane and turned it into my third novel. Razz

I liked when Shane made that comic strip about Adrianna, I forget what he called it Evil something or other that cracked me up. Whats the story about for Gigi and Shane?
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

I liked when Shane made that comic strip about Adrianna, I forget what he called it Evil something or other that cracked me up. Whats the story about for Gigi and Shane?
Evelyn Evil! FORGIVENESS MAN That was a hoot. Stacy should've been given an evil name. Bratty Barbie! FORGIVENESS MAN

What's the story? Two words: Owen Morasco! FORGIVENESS MAN (Anybody from SOC probably has heard me talk about him ad nauseum) Basically it's this: Gigi's "father" was really her maternal uncle who fought for and took custody of her in infancy from his sister due to her husband being too shady. After losing Gigi, the sister and husband moved away and had a son named Owen a few years later. The mother died young, sending the husband into a drunken spree that caused him to beat Owen and let his friends abuse him in other ways. Owen had a fairly miserable childhood but at 18, he left him and didn't look back(even taking his mother's maiden name since he hated his father), and eventually finds himself in Llanview and meeting his sister/nephew.(He recognizes Gigi from pics that Mr. Morasco was kind enough to send Owen's father)I keep working the "how" this all comes out into whatever s/l currently is in play.(It's ranged from Owen saving Shane from certain death when Shane runs away from home, to Owen being Shane's miracle bone marrow donor)Gigi would be left with a lot of guilt for how Owen grew up, and she'd also be wanting to make up for it now by helping him. And unlike Stacy, Owen wouldn't be out to wreck Gigi's life. Razz

Oh and side note: Gigi/Owen's father is a not-so-dead Tony Lord with amnesia! Razz You'd bet he'd come on at some point too.

Now, most of this is lost in the novel since I adapted it for an original story. So Gigi/Shane get pretty much entire makeovers(and Rex doesn't have a character in this). Still, I like my story for OLTL still. It would give Gigi something to do that didn't involve Rex, and it would give Shane somebody closer to his age to relate to. Owen would eventually mix it up with some of the others his age too. Langston is free now, Destiny would be an option in a year or two(once she is old enough). Dani and Starr would be offlimits due to relations, although you can bet he'd clash with them in due time.

Anyway, the story is quite adaptable. It also has a second part for when Owen is established that actually gets into some pretty dark territory.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
Evelyn Evil! FORGIVENESS MAN That was a hoot. Stacy should've been given an evil name. Bratty Barbie! FORGIVENESS MAN

What's the story? Two words: Owen Morasco! FORGIVENESS MAN (Anybody from SOC probably has heard me talk about him ad nauseum) Basically it's this: Gigi's "father" was really her maternal uncle who fought for and took custody of her in infancy from his sister due to her husband being too shady. After losing Gigi, the sister and husband moved away and had a son named Owen a few years later. The mother died young, sending the husband into a drunken spree that caused him to beat Owen and let his friends abuse him in other ways. Owen had a fairly miserable childhood but at 18, he left him and didn't look back(even taking his mother's maiden name since he hated his father), and eventually finds himself in Llanview and meeting his sister/nephew.(He recognizes Gigi from pics that Mr. Morasco was kind enough to send Owen's father)I keep working the "how" this all comes out into whatever s/l currently is in play.(It's ranged from Owen saving Shane from certain death when Shane runs away from home, to Owen being Shane's miracle bone marrow donor)Gigi would be left with a lot of guilt for how Owen grew up, and she'd also be wanting to make up for it now by helping him. And unlike Stacy, Owen wouldn't be out to wreck Gigi's life. Razz

Oh and side note: Gigi/Owen's father is a not-so-dead Tony Lord with amnesia! Razz You'd bet he'd come on at some point too.

Now, most of this is lost in the novel since I adapted it for an original story. So Gigi/Shane get pretty much entire makeovers(and Rex doesn't have a character in this). Still, I like my story for OLTL still. It would give Gigi something to do that didn't involve Rex, and it would give Shane somebody closer to his age to relate to. Owen would eventually mix it up with some of the others his age too. Langston is free now, Destiny would be an option in a year or two(once she is old enough). Dani and Starr would be offlimits due to relations, although you can bet he'd clash with them in due time.

Anyway, the story is quite adaptable. It also has a second part for when Owen is established that actually gets into some pretty dark territory.

You know I actually like that story, ever consider pitching it to ABC?? Having Tony Lord as the father would be the bomb, especially after everyone thought he was dead for all these years! That alone would cause shockwaves, especially to Todd and Viki.

Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:10 pm

Tony'd come back from the dead to get rid of Rex. Can you imagine the huge embarassement Rex would be to Victor Lord? Rex might be tolerable if not for Gigi but she totally ruins him and if he showed remorse for what his crimes set in motino or if he paid for his crimes - forging a baby's death certificate and leaving a family to grive a child who wans't there and feeling NO guilt or remorse takes someon who's either pretty cold-hearted or pretty stupid. Gigi just makes him all the worse, though.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:20 pm

^^^^^He did all of that before Gigi. Gigi/Shane humanize Rex.

Tony Marino wrote:
You know I actually like that story, ever consider pitching it to ABC?? Having Tony Lord as the father would be the bomb, especially after everyone thought he was dead for all these years! That alone would cause shockwaves, especially to Todd and Viki.
I've considered it but I don't know the proper channels to do so, besides I was hoping RC had people stalking the boards to steal ideas from.(I know they read the big ones) I might've done it before but since I wrote a novel somewhat based off of it(but not a total ripoff, no Rex, Owen's sister's name is Megan and her son is named Matthew Razz), I might try to hold out and pitch it to a publisher. Razz (Not that it's good enough)

But yeah, I've definitely considered pitching it to ABC; I just doubt they'd really be open minded enough to consider it. Tony Lord being alive wouldn't be TOO big a stretch; if a man shot dead onscreen can be alive after 20+ years, so can a guy who was only presumed dead in an offscreen plane crash. Razz I'd love to see Owen hit the screens(even got a suggestion for an actor to play the part), but I don't think ABC would listen if I approached them. Best I can hope is that a publisher does. FORGIVENESS MAN
Back to top Go down
stavdash
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
stavdash

Female
Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:24 pm

JB wrote:
John I can somewhat understand, even if I personally don't like him. Michael Easton is a popular actor in the genre and has a notable resume. Rex and Cristian, I just don't get why the show has always been so hellbent on keeping these two around. It's as if they see them as these bankable commodities to their target demo, but why?

The ironic thing about Cristian is how the show goes out of its way to retain the "talented" David Fumero, every time his contract nears its expiration date, but then proceeds to either back burner him…or throw him in "B" story lines. The credence they put into his being their "resident hunk" is astounding. I do not see it as being that deep, myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?   Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next