Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes.... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes.... Empty
PostSubject: Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes....   Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes.... EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:30 am

My son came home tonight in literal disbelief that some "really, really expensive" engagement rings cost the same as a new KTM85 ($5200).

I had to laugh as I filled him in that many cost much more than that. He just could not wrap his head around that. Something so small having the same value as a brand new 85....Not possible! He and his buddies had visited a jewelry store in the mall today.

So, he was present when I told his dad about the whole thing. His dad said, "Have you seen your mom's engagement ring?" Son says, "Um, no."

Jay says, "You race it."

I thought this was very funny because something I never told my boys was a story from two years ago at a national race...we left home too late to get in the gates the night before the race. So we headed to a Walmart parking lot for the night. I went in because I had wanted to find a disposable battery operated small camera. As I was buying my little $70 Easyshare, the lady in electronics asked me some questions. As we compared notes, I learned her dad raced too and he had purchased a very small engagement ring due to how much he spent racing way back in the day. The girl says, "I have never seen girls as dedicated to motocross as Mom was."

I replied with, "I am sleeping in your parking lot tonight so I relate..."

Yes, this post would be better suited for a moto forum, but I don't want anyone to think I am showboating. So, I impose on you guys!

Just that every moto season makes me more and more afraid and when I have a sweet feeling toward the sport, it charges me. And tonight I had one. And for a little while I was reminded why it's not so scary.

The feeling will wear off long before the next gate drop...
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes....   Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes.... EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:49 am

Cute story red, about your son and the little tidbit about your overnight Walmart experience. Smile

I'm sure no one here minds hearing about your motocross stories.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes....   Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes.... EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:03 am

He's in for a rude awakening when he gets older.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes....   Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes.... EmptyThu May 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Imagine how much they will cost when he is ready to buy one!
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes....   Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes.... EmptyThu May 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
He's in for a rude awakening when he gets older.

Maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes....   Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Engagement ring costs through a 13-year-old's eyes....
Page 1 of 1