You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses

Go down 
+4
wants2laugh
Suzi
Nystyle709
Supernova
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses Empty
PostSubject: You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses   You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:29 pm

Does this ever happen with you? You go out in public somewhere with your brother or sister, and people ask if you're married? That happened with us SO much before I got my license and my brother always had to drive me to the store, because we would always wind up arguing over getting something because he would always say to either get something that we didn't want, or to put something back because it wasn't right either, and I think we went through 3 or 4 cashiers who would ask us if we were married. One of them actually said 'I figured either you were married or you were brother and sister', well at least that one was 50/50.

I do find it funny that there seems to be little to no difference in behavior between sibling rivalry and a domestic dispute that people would actually wonder that.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses   You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:03 pm

No. They actually say we look alike. I don't see it.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses   You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:17 am

No siblings but once when my husband and I were still dating, I was in heels , and so quite tall, and he is very tall and we both had dark hair, I heard a woman behind me say to her companion "do you think they are brother and sister?".
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses   You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:21 am

my bro had been working in my building for 2 yrs before i started working there. management put us in the same section, and he trained me. we had the same breaks and everything... so we were together all day everyday... people at work saw the same name and assumed we were married if they didnt know us.

Then, people caught on... but when someone didnt know how to pronounce "K I R S T E N" they would page on the intercom "Alan and his sister report to..." i laughed so hard.

One supervisor even paged, "Kristin, Christian, KER stein... whoever the hell you are... come to the office" LOL
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses   You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:55 am

Never happened to me, that must feel really awkward.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses   You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:54 am

No. Although we live in progressive states, my brother and I have never been confussed as spouses.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses   You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:43 pm

No can't say that it has happened.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses   You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:10 am

UGH....this happened at a family reunion!! I'm younger than my brother and he grew up in my mom's hometown, but I didn't. And we don't look alike at all. So when we showed up in the same car some people just quietly assumed I was his girlfriend, and one guy finally asked when we started calling the same woman "mom"....that shit was creepy.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses   You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:14 am

Supernova wrote:
Does this ever happen with you? You go out in public somewhere with your brother or sister, and people ask if you're married? That happened with us SO much before I got my license and my brother always had to drive me to the store, because we would always wind up arguing over getting something because he would always say to either get something that we didn't want, or to put something back because it wasn't right either, and I think we went through 3 or 4 cashiers who would ask us if we were married. One of them actually said 'I figured either you were married or you were brother and sister', well at least that one was 50/50.

I do find it funny that there seems to be little to no difference in behavior between sibling rivalry and a domestic dispute that people would actually wonder that.

This reminds me of when I got thrown in the paddywagon with a brother and sister that I would have sworn were boyfriend and girlfriend had she NOT told me their whole story on the way to the precinct! They got picked up fist fighting over some hotdogs at the gas station LMAO...the cashier thought it was a domestic violence situation!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses   You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses Empty

Back to top Go down

You and your sibling being mistaken for spouses
Page 1 of 1