Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform

Go down 
+8
Hyacinth Girl
CeCe
wants2laugh
captainbryce
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Bluesmama
Supernova
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform   Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:55 am

Though I think that raises another question...I don't recall reading WHO took these pictures, WHO released them to the public, WHOSE idea it was...I can guess whose idea it WAS, but who was the cameraman to this in the first place? Who got the idea to take these pictures or were they taken in response to a backlash already existing and these women just decided 'let's show the world what we do and that we're proud of it'?
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform   Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:59 am

didnt they say that the blonde with the double suckers enlisted the photographer??? too lazy to go back and read it! LOL
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform   Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:31 am

Hot topic here.

I have to be honest here.

This is what I think. I respect the flag and military persons in uniform. There is nothing I will EVER do in life equal to their service.

That said, I don't understand how a mother nursing in uniform could or would ever be wrong unless she is using a flag as a burp cloth.

As a, most likely, biased female, I will state, a momma/child bond does not usually compare to a daddy/child bond. A Mom opting to nurse is real and natural. Stop making it sound wrong.

I would never compare my occupational history to anything as amazing as service to our country, but let me tell you my experience. I worked for a PEDIATRIC dentistry clinic when I gave birth to my son. I had to pump breast milk, only on my lunch hour (no breaks) in a one stall rest room. During lunch, many other employees needed that room to go potty. For a place centered around children's health, it was disgusting that my nursing was not supported.

So, I think it is sick for anyone to not support a woman in the military nursing.

Back to top Go down
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform   Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 4:18 am

Supernova wrote:
Though I think that raises another question...I don't recall reading WHO took these pictures, WHO released them to the public, WHOSE idea it was...I can guess whose idea it WAS, but who was the cameraman to this in the first place? Who got the idea to take these pictures or were they taken in response to a backlash already existing and these women just decided 'let's show the world what we do and that we're proud of it'?

Good question. I just saw this story on the news tonight. The women were using the pictures for a website encouraging women to breast feed. Sorry, I didn't catch the name of the group.

A military spokesman who was interviewed made the statement that the women were in uniform while endorsing an organization and that is not allowed. So it looks like that was their main concern. It appeared from the story that the women knew all this was going to happen, allowed the pictures to be taken and then waited for the controversy.

I am sure there will be other versions of their story and other points of view but I think it's a good thing the reserve officer made this statement from the reserve's point of view.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform   Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 8:47 am

Supernova wrote:
This may be true but on the other hand some soldiers have done things that I doubt they were ordered to do by anybody. A couple years ago there was a report that found of all the sexual assaults occurring in the military against the female soldiers by the male officers, that the numbers are 3 times greater than just what they're letting the public know about and are putting on the record. Nobody really talks about that but I find THAT a LOT more disrespectful to the uniform and the core values the army stands for than a mother nursing her baby. Some people might see anything that goes against orders as being equally disrespectful so there's no difference in raping a female officer or nursing while in uniform that it's all the same level of disrespect, but I disagree and I would hope anybody else would too.

i dont get what is so hard about this. frustrated
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform   Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Shale wrote:

i dont get what is so hard about this. frustrated

co-signs
Back to top Go down
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform   Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:16 pm

Unfortunately, there will always be those people who will take a simple natural task like breast feeding and turn it into their own personal agenda. Why? For attention? For promoting a cause? For needing controversy? Who knows? But obviously these women had an agenda that they felt superseded the rules of the organization they signed up to join, the military, to promote themselves.

They were not reprimanded for breast feeding. They were not reprimanded for being out of uniform. They were reprimanded for trying to promote their cause while in their uniforms and using the uniforms to further push their agenda.

I don't think they deserve to be in the military ot any other organization they are using to futher their own cause no matter what that cause may be.

If a male soldier tried to sell an idea or an organization or whatever, he would be reprimaneded. I fail to see why these women should be an exeption.

And one more time. Nowhere did the Reserves spokesman ever say women in the military should not breast feed.

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0601/Breastfeeding-moms-in-military-uniforms-reprimanded-video
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform   Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Military moms criticized for nursing while in uniform
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3