Living Arrangements Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Living Arrangements

Go down 
+3
Shale
CeCe
Tony Marino
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Living Arrangements Empty
PostSubject: Living Arrangements   Living Arrangements EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:21 am

Why do so many youths insist on leaving the house so early? Many of them rush to leave, even as young as 18.

And why do some people make fun of someone living with their parents, even if they have a full time job? In some cultures, maturity has no relation to who you live with.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Living Arrangements   Living Arrangements EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:29 am

I think a lot of times we get things screwy. When we're kids we want to be older. When we're adults we sometimes want to go back to the carefree life we had as kids lol.

It's just the silly expectations society has about standards & roles. Really there's nothing wrong with families living with each other as long as they want provided it can be done peacefully with respect to everyone's personal life & privacy.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Living Arrangements   Living Arrangements EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:32 pm

I left home at 19, three days after graduating from HS. I had already joined the Air Force and figured get the military out of the way (Yeah, I had a draft card since 18 and boys my age were being drafted).

I felt I had to get away from home because as I grew in my teens I was more aware of being a misfit there.

So, I had room & board and a few bucks in my pocket for 4 years. By the end of that I resisted the obligatory re-up indoctrination and set out on my own, a more anxious moment than going into the military. On My Own. Kinda scary but I did OK. The rest is history.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Living Arrangements   Living Arrangements EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:42 pm

I think adult kids living with parents is fine IF it's fine with everybody concerned, AND if the kids work and help the parents (financially, around the house, whatever). But I've known too many people letting their adult infants syphon the life out of them, and I simply can't stand this. The ones who are friends, I've tried to reason them out of their situations. One chooses to not deal with it. Fine, but then I get annoyed because she complains.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Living Arrangements   Living Arrangements EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
Why do so many youths insist on leaving the house so early? Many of them rush to leave, even as young as 18.

And why do some people make fun of someone living with their parents, even if they have a full time job? In some cultures, maturity has no relation to who you live with.

This is a very good question Tony and one that I've asked before. For some reason, some people have it in their heads that if you don't leave the house the minute you're 18, you're a freeloader and you're just lazy and dependent on your parents, etc, etc. I'd like to know what is so God awful about kids staying home a little longer since everybody knows just because you're 18 does NOT mean you are ready to head out on your own and be on your own for the rest of your life or until you start your own family.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Living Arrangements   Living Arrangements EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:31 pm

That might've been true back in the day....but the younger generation nowadays isn't looking to move out so soon. Not in this economy. Plus, if everything gets handed to you, why should you? I moved out of my mother's house at 21...my father's house at 23. You stay with your folks until you're able to leave.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Living Arrangements   Living Arrangements EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:09 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
That might've been true back in the day....but the younger generation nowadays isn't looking to move out so soon. Not in this economy. Plus, if everything gets handed to you, why should you? I moved out of my mother's house at 21...my father's house at 23. You stay with your folks until you're able to leave.

Though with the economy forcing whole families to move back in together in the name of survival and making ends meet, some people are finding out that the ability to leave and become independent isn't as widely available as it once was. 10 years ago I knew people that had to have several relatives move in with them because living separately became a financial impossibility, and these days it's not any better.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Living Arrangements   Living Arrangements EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:17 am

well i left my mom's at 19, and never went back. SHE moved in with me eventually.. i CANT live with my mom... we just dont get along, and after she lived in my house for 5yrs, i actually moved out of my house and got an apartment, leaving her in the house! crazy i know

my sister's kids are in their 20s and they all say, "im gonna stay home until i get kicked out" and they know my sis would never kick them out. unfortunately, now only does the economy stop kids from moving out of the nest, but our govt is forcing them to rely on the parents until 25yrs old. in the state of NJ, if u are an unmarried male under 25, you WILL be paying at least $3000 a year for car insurance--- good insurance i should say. at 26 it will cut in half. even the FAFSA for federal financial aid requires that students utilize their parent's income tax returns to determine eligibility until age 24--- regardless of whether they live with the parents, or whether the parents can claim them on the taxes or not. An unmarried student making $30k a yr who is 21, not living at home STILL is determined by their parents' income, then their own income is combined... so that person will not get financial aid--- even if the parents refuse funding. its crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living Arrangements   Living Arrangements Empty

Back to top Go down

Living Arrangements
Page 1 of 1