CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
Shale
RedBedroom
7 posters

If you could quit your job today and devote your life to a single cause, what would it be?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Serious If you could quit your job today and devote your life to a single cause, what would it be?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:55 pm

If money was not an issue, what cause would you dedicate your life to?

I think I would open a women's shelter that allowed them to bring their pets.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Serious Re: If you could quit your job today and devote your life to a single cause, what would it be?

Post by Shale Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:58 pm

I might move to India and work at the free clinic in the outback of Ahmednagar.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Serious Re: If you could quit your job today and devote your life to a single cause, what would it be?

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 pm

thinking
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:23 pm

I have no idea.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:39 am

Honestly...if I could stop working that would be on the assumption that I could afford not to work so in the beginning at least I would devote my life to the cause of enjoying myself.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:43 am

RedBedroom wrote:If money was not an issue, what cause would you dedicate your life to?

I think I would open a women's shelter that allowed them to bring their pets.

in NJ some women's shelter do not even allow them to bring their children!!!! Most have a 1 child limit!!!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:47 am

I think I would be adopting children, and helping children whose parents are in jail. There are SOOOOO many unwanted/neglected kids in the system... and it always upsets me at christmas time groups help military kids, kids who parents were firefighters/policemen who died, and soooo many others... but there are kids with one or both parents in jail that do not get anything or very little. The kid had nothing to do with their parents mistakes!!! or Intentional crappiness! LOL

I just feel really bad for them
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:32 am

I would like to help out the elderly. They really get screwed in this country.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:38 am

Tony Marino wrote:I would like to help out the elderly. They really get screwed in this country.
    ROFLMAO!

(OH, sorry. I know you were serious, but as one of the elderly ... )
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:40 am

Shale wrote:
    ROFLMAO!

(OH, sorry. I know you were serious, but as one of the elderly ... )

Older than yourself Shale I mean people that re in their 80's and 90's and can't do anything for themselves.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Honestly...if I could stop working that would be on the assumption that I could afford not to work so in the beginning at least I would devote my life to the cause of enjoying myself.

RIGHT ON!

I love it!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:54 pm

[quote="Tony Marino"]

Would you doubt in any way that my grandmother was still getting screwed at 93??? lol... the old men come to her room at the nursing home, then need a wheelchair to get out! LOL

seriously tho... i think that's a really noble cause... our govt forces social sec on us, then it isnt enough to survive on which the costs of inflation. When I worked at a drug store, there were old people who had a state prescription plan. It was 1995, and in order to get this plan you had to make less than $5,000 per year--- THEN still had a $5 per drug copay!!!! One man had 12 prescriptions a month, and then would buy all the cat food that went on sale! I KNEW he was eating it. Another customer had a wife that could only eat/drink the ENSURE shakes. At the time they were like $14 a six pack. He would come in and buy like 30 cases at a time, and put it on his Discover card to get the rebate at the end of the year. I felt bad, cause I knew the store only paid $3 for the six packs. I would pass my 20% discount onto him, in exchange for the continued patronage. IF the damn drug store would have wanted to do some good in this world.. they could have gone to doctors, hospices, etc and offered this same discount to their patients-- and they would have made a killing while helping people at the same time!!! BUT ECKERD drugs was full of assholes... and they threatened to write me up... if i kept doing it. I said FUCK them. I just made the guy come in more often so the big sales/orders weren't noticed LOL
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I would like to help out the elderly. They really get screwed in this country.

I think I love you! big hugz

Okay, I would devote my time and money to animal rescue especially kitties. I would probably build a no-kill shelter in an area that needed one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:22 am