CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
Shale
Supernova
Chris
8 posters

Other adults in the family physically disciplining kids

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Other adults in the family physically disciplining kids Empty Other adults in the family physically disciplining kids

Post by Chris Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:55 am

When you were a kid, were you ever physically disciplined or punished (spanked, slapped, whopped, etc., etc.) by a family member who wasn't your parent? How do you feel about that? Have you ever physically disciplined one of your relatives children and would you allow any other adult figure in the family to physically discipline your kids?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Other adults in the family physically disciplining kids Empty Re: Other adults in the family physically disciplining kids

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:13 am

It never happened to me but if I knew the relative well enough to know they were stable and would have good reason for it, yeah I'd let them.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Other adults in the family physically disciplining kids Empty Re: Other adults in the family physically disciplining kids

Post by Shale Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:06 am

My generation grand parents aunts or uncles would just as quickly spank you as your parents - especially when we were staying with them and the parents weren't around. If the parents were around they wouldn't have to.

I remember my aunt in Mississippi having me and my cousins go pull a switch off a bush for her to beat us with and her telling us to not get one too small or she would go get one herself.

One time I smacked my nephew's butt to make him behave when he was 8 and staying with us.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Chris wrote:When you were a kid, were you ever physically disciplined or punished (spanked, slapped, whopped, etc., etc.) by a family member who wasn't your parent? How do you feel about that? Have you ever physically disciplined one of your relatives children and would you allow any other adult figure in the family to physically discipline your kids?

Heck my brothers used to beat me all the time when we were kids. No I would not appreciate anyone but me disciplining any children of mine. I have raised my voice to the kids but never hit them.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Maybe my father's parents did. Too long ago to remember.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Grandparents. That's about it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:25 pm

My grandmother was the only one outside of my mother who spanked me. I remember I had an older cousin who tried to do that shit when she was babysitting me. I hit her ass back. Hmm....I don't think I've physically disciplined anybody else's kid. Maybe a little pat on the hand with a few of my cousin's kids...but not a full spanking. I never even spanked my sister. I did tap her on the butt though.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:15 pm

My ma and dad were the only ones who physically disciplined me.

When I was taking care of my niece and nephew years back, a spat on the hand was what I did, not a full spanking, like NY mentioned above.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:34 am