CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
Chris
7 posters

How do you feel about other adults (teachers, neighbors) physically discipling unruly kids?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How do you feel about other adults (teachers, neighbors) physically discipling unruly kids? Empty How do you feel about other adults (teachers, neighbors) physically discipling unruly kids?

Post by Chris Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:23 am

Like in generations past, where teachers would paddle bad kids. I remember when I was about five, a friend of mine was acting up outside, and the woman across the street came out with her belt and whooped him in front of the whole neighborhood. From I recall, when his parents found out, they weren't too upset at her. If you're in favor of corporal punishment, how do you feel about non parents (or non family members) physically disciplining unruly kids?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

How do you feel about other adults (teachers, neighbors) physically discipling unruly kids? Empty Re: How do you feel about other adults (teachers, neighbors) physically discipling unruly kids?

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:24 am

Regardless of how I feel about corporal punishment, I think the reality is that today, if non parents or non family members physically discipline some one else’s kids, they're going to need a good lawyer ‘cause they’re getting arrested.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

How do you feel about other adults (teachers, neighbors) physically discipling unruly kids? Empty Re: How do you feel about other adults (teachers, neighbors) physically discipling unruly kids?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:23 am

I'm generally against it due to it's EXTREME potential for abuse. I guess a case could be made for it but I think it's really shaky ground.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:00 am

I'm for it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:16 am

Im not for teachers and neighbors disciplining children, what they should do is tell the parents what they did and let the parents give them a good whooping.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:00 pm

Eh, I'm gonna have a problem if some complete stranger came up to my kid and starting whupping them because they were acting out. You will NOT get away with that shit. Remember the lady in Wal-Mart who had some dude smack her daughter because she was crying? I would've been on death row if that were me. However, I can dig it if it's in a tight knit neighborhood setting. Like if Ms. Johnson, who's have been living on the block for 50 years, knows each and ever single family, babysat the kids and has babysat the parents as well sees some little fucker acting out and she comes out and lays it to him/her with her belt. I wouldn't even question that. As far as the paddle in school, I don't think that's a good idea. See, they had that back in the day when my parents were in school, and it worked because my folks were taught and made to respect their elders. As bad as these kids are nowadays, they would prob. fight back and whup the teachers ass if they paddled them. And that would just wreak havoc all around.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Im not for teachers and neighbors disciplining children, what they should do is tell the parents what they did and let the parents give them a good whooping.

Except if somebody else has to whoop the kids, it's generally because the parents AREN'T doing it, and they won't, because their kids would NEVER do anything wrong, it's everybody else's kids who are bad.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:11 pm

If I'm tight with the neighbor (and know that my kid have a penchant for being difficult in public), then I might be willing to look past a single instance of them overstepping their bounds while trying to deal with them. But that's ONLY if I'm tight with the neighbor....and, like Nystyle said....they have a history of interacting with my kids (like babysitting, or whatever.)

But no, a teacher isn't going to lay hands on my kid. Forget it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:44 am