Recession or depression? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recession or depression?

Go down 
+3
Tony Marino
CeCe
Supernova
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Recession or depression? Empty
PostSubject: Recession or depression?   Recession or depression? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:49 pm

Which would you say we are currently in and have been in for quite some time?

A lot of people say depression, and I'd be inclined to agree, except I'd hate to think THIS is as bad as it could get and then the bottom really falls out from under us.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Recession or depression?   Recession or depression? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:00 pm

I'd say recession but we have the groundwork laid for a depression if things don't improve in the near future. What we have now is hard times for a lot of people but nowhere near as bad as the possibility of what it could become.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Recession or depression?   Recession or depression? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Supernova wrote:
Which would you say we are currently in and have been in for quite some time?

A lot of people say depression, and I'd be inclined to agree, except I'd hate to think THIS is as bad as it could get and then the bottom really falls out from under us.

co-signs Depression, the best is yet to come.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Recession or depression?   Recession or depression? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:24 pm

While not as fast and as devastating as the Black Thursday of 1929 that launched the Great Depression, this so called 'Great Recession' is on the brink of becoming another worldwide depression.

We never learned our lesson from the last one. We allowed the monied-interests and banks to play havoc in the stock market and housing market during a great boom and regulation did not keep up with the computerized age - then the inevitable paper fantasy came crashing down.

Now, just like the last Depression, everything is slowing, which causes greater slowing until eventually it will stop as it did before. Look around you. It is depressing to see the empty storefronts in my city. Even the big national chains are cutting back and hardly staying solvent for lack of business - because all those little guys have quit buying. There are many ppl who have been unemployed for over a year or two years now and the prospect of finding a job as even more ppl are losing theirs gets ever harder.

So, I think the commentators and gov't officials are afraid to call it what it is, or at least what it is fast becoming but it may soon be called the Second Great Depression.

Last edited by Shale on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Recession or depression?   Recession or depression? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Shale wrote:
While not as fast and as devastating as the Black Thursday of 1929 that launched the Great Depression, this so called 'Great Recession' is on the brink of becoming another worldwide depression.

We never learned our lesson from the last one. We allowed the monied-interests and banks to play havoc in the stock market and housing market during a great boom and regulation did not keep up with the computerized age - then the inevitable paper fantasy came crashing down.

Now, just like the last Depression, everything is slowing, which causes greater slowing until eventually it will stop as it did before. Look around you. It is depressing to see the empty storefronts in my city. Even the big national chains are cutting back and hardly staying solvent for lack of business - because all those little guys have quit buying. There are many ppl who have been unemployed for over a year or two years now and the prospect of finding a job as even more ppl are losing theirs gets ever harder.

So, I think the commentators and gov't officials are afraid to call it what it is, or at least fast becoming but it may soon be called the Second Great Depression.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Recession or depression?   Recession or depression? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Shale wrote:

So, I think the commentators and gov't officials are afraid to call it what it is, or at least what it is fast becoming but it may soon be called the Second Great Depression.

I think we are absolutely headed in that direction. Not there yet but if things don't change fast it won't take long.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Recession or depression?   Recession or depression? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:55 pm

We are in recession. We were in a deep recession a year ago. The fact of the matter is, you still have over a 100 million people out here working...not quite at the depression stage yet.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Recession or depression?   Recession or depression? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:17 pm

I'd say bad recession? We'd likely be in a depression if Obama got everything he wanted though. But for now, just recession.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Recession or depression?   Recession or depression? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:12 am

Recession. We came narrowly close to another depression, but it didn't get quite that deep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recession or depression?   Recession or depression? Empty

Back to top Go down

Recession or depression?
Page 1 of 1