Fireworks Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fireworks

Go down 
+2
Supernova
Chris
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Fireworks   Fireworks EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:41 am

Are people lighting fireworks in your neighborhood yet? My neighbor has been setting them off for the past hour or so, and I'm afraid they might wake my baby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks   Fireworks EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:26 am

Somebody must've lifted the ordinance to not only shoot them off, but to sell them in city limits before the 3rd because they've been shooting them off since June 30th, and the in-town stands have been selling since yesterday, neither of which would ever be allowed in previous years, though the people out in the country always got away with shooting off on the second.

On a side note, I was meaning to ask everyone, what is your own experience with fireworks? Did you shoot any off with a kid? Would you trust your own kid with them? You know that standard list of firework rules says that no child should set them off, always an adult should...and needless to say I don't buy that. When we were little we were not trusted with most stuff but we would light the smoke balls and the bees, all the little filler stuff to keep kids busy, but when we got a little older we did light the bigger stuff, the fountains and cones and stuff, but never Roman candles, nobody trusts holding them so on the rare occasions we do get any, we stick them in the ground and then light them.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks   Fireworks EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Tonight they will start with the fireworks.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks   Fireworks EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Naw
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks   Fireworks EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Supernova wrote:
Somebody must've lifted the ordinance to not only shoot them off, but to sell them in city limits before the 3rd because they've been shooting them off since June 30th, and the in-town stands have been selling since yesterday, neither of which would ever be allowed in previous years, though the people out in the country always got away with shooting off on the second.

On a side note, I was meaning to ask everyone, what is your own experience with fireworks? Did you shoot any off with a kid? Would you trust your own kid with them? You know that standard list of firework rules says that no child should set them off, always an adult should...and needless to say I don't buy that. When we were little we were not trusted with most stuff but we would light the smoke balls and the bees, all the little filler stuff to keep kids busy, but when we got a little older we did light the bigger stuff, the fountains and cones and stuff, but never Roman candles, nobody trusts holding them so on the rare occasions we do get any, we stick them in the ground and then light them.

Last year, I let my son set off a few. He was 12. This year, he has used his own cash from working with his dad to buy some fireworks. I haven't seen them yet, but I suspect he will light them all himself.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks   Fireworks EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:14 am

Yeah, I heard some on the way home tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fireworks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireworks   Fireworks Empty

Back to top Go down

Fireworks
Page 1 of 1