How was your 4th of July? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How was your 4th of July?

Go down 
+6
Chris
Marc™
Nystyle709
Hyacinth Girl
Shale
Supernova
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

How was your 4th of July? Empty
PostSubject: How was your 4th of July?   How was your 4th of July? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:03 am

How was your day yesterday?

Pretty good, we had the neighbors over for a barbecue and the food was great: hot dogs, cheeseburgers, baked beans, corn on the cob, potato chips and watermelon. Then, I went out to a drawing at one of the firework places, but it was standing around for half an hour in 104 degree weather, finally won one of the secondary prizes valued at $12.50, turns out that the flaming balls it shoots out are of the big shell variety, so looks were definitely deceiving on that one. And then, we came back to do our own fireworks for the night, but everybody else seems to have spent about $10,000 on the big shells so we spend 2 hours watching everyone else's, so I'd estimate I still have about $150 worth of fireworks to save for next year or more. Overall it was a very good holiday.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: How was your 4th of July?   How was your 4th of July? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:13 am

I had a very good day. The weather was good for biking to the Cinema where I saw The Amazing Spider Man.
http://www.conversationchamber.com/t19207-the-amazing-spider-man

It was really good and I will likely see it again this weekend in 3-D

Then last night I watched the original Spider Man with Tobey Maguire & Kirsten Dunst. It is still a good movie but the new one is so much more character focused.

Then, when the video ended I caught the last half hour of the live telecast of fireworks in NYC.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: How was your 4th of July?   How was your 4th of July? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:47 am

Very busy for me--I worked 2:30-11pm yesterday and it was nuts busy. The ER was off the wall, and we were short one person due to holiday scheduling--could've used that extra body last night.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How was your 4th of July?   How was your 4th of July? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Pretty good. Partied from 10 am until. Didn't get home till after one am....and that was only because I had to work.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: How was your 4th of July?   How was your 4th of July? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:32 pm

It was alright. It was cloudy and rainy for most of the day but we still cooked & grubbed.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: How was your 4th of July?   How was your 4th of July? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:44 pm

It was good. Spent the day at my parents. A lot of people were there. Me, my wife, my kids; my sisters and their husband/boyfriend. A few out of town guests. Good time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: How was your 4th of July?   How was your 4th of July? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Went to 2 bbq's family then friends, I had a nice day but it was hot as hell!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How was your 4th of July?   How was your 4th of July? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:03 pm

Finestkind
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: How was your 4th of July?   How was your 4th of July? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:16 pm

It was like any other Wednesday. Woke up, chilled, got ready for work, came to work, then got off, went to bed.

A sweet friend delivered some of their bbq before heading to see fireworks. Was yummy.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: How was your 4th of July?   How was your 4th of July? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:01 pm

The actual fourth of July ended up not that great. We left for Dad's only to blow a tire on the dump trailer an hour away from home. Five hours later, we were on our way. It was so hot when we got there. We watched the town fireworks from Dad's yard with friends who were disappointed they couldn't see the ground ones. I love these friends but really wanted to ask, "What the hell did you expect?" You watch from a mile away, you won't see the ground ones. Plus, the neighbor yelled "What are you doing over there???" when my son lit some off. That pissed me off because a few years ago, they lit a ton. It's not like it wasn't the Fourth of July....

So, then we determined it would be too hot for the roof to be done anyway that week as we planned. I was a brat about it as I did not want to spend my first five full days off in years there if the roof wasn't getting done. But, as it turned out, the rest of the days were really fun and though it was hot, we managed to have a really great time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How was your 4th of July?   How was your 4th of July? Empty

Back to top Go down

How was your 4th of July?
Page 1 of 1