Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete Empty
PostSubject: Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete   Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Do you think parents who opt to raise their children with more grown up realism as opposed to pushing more childhood naivete are doing a service or disservice to their child?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete   Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm

IDK. I was raised believing in Santa Clause, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy. But, I still enjoy fantasy and watch Spider-Man, Superman, and other portrayals just as silly.

Kids have a high potential for fantasy creations and I don't think it hurts to feed into that. I have also been quite creative - coulda been because I was allowed to experience fantasy as a reality when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete   Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:07 pm

A little shielding for the harsh realities of the world isn't all bad. Yeah, teach them not to take candy from strangers, etc., and answer their questions honestly but let them be kids while they can. They'll have to be adults a lot longer than they get to be kids. Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete   Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:00 pm

I think anybody who's ever seen Miracle on 34th Street knows the answer to that one.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete   Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
A little shielding for the harsh realities of the world isn't all bad. Yeah, teach them not to take candy from strangers, etc., and answer their questions honestly but let them be kids while they can. They'll have to be adults a lot longer than they get to be kids. Hopefully.

Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete 35166
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete   Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete Empty

Back to top Go down

Parents who don't raise their kids with childhood naivete
Page 1 of 1