It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent? Empty
PostSubject: It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent?   It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 2:25 am

Just wondering what people think about this. I saw an interview today on The View with they guy who played Vince on Will and Grace. I really loved what he said about his romantic relationship and his son, from a previous marriage.

He said raising his son was easier because people enter relationships with baggage, and people have to figure out how their baggage fits into the other's baggage.

I thought that was a really good point.

Even if you are not with your child 100% of the time, they do reflect you. Whereas a person you are attempting to get serious with, may not at all, and you have to find that common ground.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent? Empty
PostSubject: Re: It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent?   It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 2:32 am

I don't think it's hard to have a successful relationship as a single parent....if from day 1 you set the tone to your partner how involved you are in raising your kids, and where they fall in your life. The other person sees this from the top and will immediately adjust. It only becomes a problem with the parent is vague and sets no tones about priority.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent?   It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:23 am

Marc™ wrote:
I don't think it's hard to have a successful relationship as a single parent....if from day 1 you set the tone to your partner how involved you are in raising your kids, and where they fall in your life. The other person sees this from the top and will immediately adjust. It only becomes a problem with the parent is vague and sets no tones about priority.

I agree. It's usually not the children, themselves, who add baggage to a dating relationship; but rather their other parent (i.e., the ex.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent?   It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Marc™ wrote:

It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent? 35166
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent?   It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent? Empty

Back to top Go down

It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent?
Page 1 of 1